cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is broadband plus unlimited?

juliepeez
Grafter

When researching which broadband provider to go with, the main thing I wanted was unlimited downloads.
I read on several forums that Plusnet broadband plus was unlimited and before I signed up I specifically asked in 3 seperate phone calls to plusnet whether broadband plus was unlimited and I was told yes.
Well, now I've signed up, I was told by several people on Yahoo Messenger that Plusnet does have a monthly download limit and I can't find anything on the site that actually says it is unlimited.
Can anyone confirm what the actual case is and were those people just winding me up?
5 REPLIES
N/A

HI, Broadband Plus IS unlimited as far as I no. I'm on it and the Monthly usage graph shows no limit.
N/A

The PAYG has a 1GB limit and then you pay extra. The other 2 packages don't but I was told not to take the p*ss with it. i.e leave it downloading 24/7
hitachi
Grafter

Broadband Plus is unlimited but p2p and usenet will be throttled, how much depends on the network usage at the time.
Alecto
Grafter

Yes, the thing about BB Plus is that there's no limit as the system won't let you use it too much.
If it thinks you're trying to use too much on applications other than plain surfing, and things are busy, it will simply slow you down.
There's no measure of "too much" though - it depends on what else is happening at the time.
juliepeez
Grafter

Thanks for the replies. Glad to hear it IS unlimited. I mainly use it for regular surfing and email and I very rarely use p2p.
I was mainly worried about upgrading Linux via apt-get, which is the main reason I wanted broadband so it seems I have nothing to worry about now. Thanks.