cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone still experiencing problems with ADSL?

N/A

Is anyone still experiencing problems with ADSL?

It's 6.25 am on Saturday morning and I still don't seem to have an ADSL service. I'm on dial-up at the moment, and frustrated (like others) that I'm now having to pay twice for a service that's a tenth of the speed that I'm paying for. I have some large files to download, and I'm damned if I'm going to do it on dial-up.

I've tried some of the suggestions on the other threads, such as disabling my firewall (Norton) but they don't seem to work. What I would really appreciate is a post on the Service Status page to explain what the problem is.

I'm on the Orpington telephone exchange and, from the ADSL Forum, it seems that a number of users with problems are based in the South or Scotland. Does anyone reading this message have a full speed ADSL service at the moment?

Is there a techie out there who can suggest a fix (preferably a techie at Plus Net)? I can't call them at the moment 'cos I'm tying up my 'phone line with this dial-up connection!!
5 REPLIES
MisterE

RE: Is anyone still experiencing problems with ADSL?

I've got the same problem, in the Midlands, at least last night I could get to the portal, but not beyond, this morning I've had to dial in!

> It's 6.25 am on Saturday morning and I still don't seem to have an ADSL service. I'm on dial-up at the moment, and frustrated (like others) that I'm now having to pay twice for a service that's a tenth of the speed that I'm paying for. I have some large files to download, and I'm damned if I'm going to do it on dial-up.
>
> I've tried some of the suggestions on the other threads, such as disabling my firewall (Norton) but they don't seem to work. What I would really appreciate is a post on the Service Status page to explain what the problem is.
>
> I'm on the Orpington telephone exchange and, from the ADSL Forum, it seems that a number of users with problems are based in the South or Scotland. Does anyone reading this message have a full speed ADSL service at the moment?
>
> Is there a techie out there who can suggest a fix (preferably a techie at Plus Net)? I can't call them at the moment 'cos I'm tying up my 'phone line with this dial-up connection!!

N/A

Please see the same thread on the PlusNet Forum
N/A

> Please see the same thread on the PlusNet Forum

same here can hardly get to any web sites a few more if i turn firewall off but speed is dreadful, except on the portal which is running the fastest i have ever known it to. come on plusnet whats the real deal here? how can you say its fixed when obviously its not?
N/A

Yep same here awfull in both directions and if Plusnet think im turning off my firwall they can think again.
Already had one trojan on the windows box this year ditched Lookout Depress because of that one switched to Mozilla.
The only thing that was protecting me was the firewall which did a great job and warned me, aint no way in hell its getting turned off.

Ali

Ommin
Grafter

> I'm on the Orpington telephone exchange and, from the ADSL Forum, it seems that a number of users with problems are based in the South or Scotland. Does anyone reading this message have a full speed ADSL service at the moment?
>
I reside in South Ayrshire, Scotland. Did not have a service for most of yesterday although I did manage on for a few hours last night. I have been unable to logon at all today ( Saturday ) and it is now 1600 hours.