cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone else unable to to connect using ADSL?

N/A

Is anyone else unable to to connect using ADSL?

I am just wondering if I am the only one who cannot to the service
I havent been able to connect for the past 2 weeks
I am really getting cheesed off using the dial up connection
8 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Is anyone else unable to to connect using ADSL?

My connection is great thx. 2 wks sounds like a long time 2 me.
N/A

try disconnecting DSL from phone line for 30 mins to powercycle system (drop ip address and stuff)

then connect using username = BT_TEST@STARTUP_DOMAIN
password = TEST

if this works leave it for 2 mins to set up DHCP etc..

then reboot and try your username + password, should fix it.. if not, get slegedhammer and "adjust" DSL router, then post remnants to Plus.Net customer services with a note saying "plug this into your netwrok it'll work better than ths $hite routers you currently use."

hope that helps some Smiley

> I am just wondering if I am the only one who cannot to the service
> I havent been able to connect for the past 2 weeks
> I am really getting cheesed off using the dial up connection

N/A

My Connection's been down since the first outage in Friday! 2 Weeks as well - just bitch at plus using contact us. My router refuses to get an ip, or recieve any packets or data. Anything like your problems? I also can't connect to the bt test accounts either.

Cheers
N/A

Couldn't connect at all last night - gave up at 10pm. It's been getting worse lately.
N/A

> Seems p'net had some problems last night - I've just looked at their Support "service status" board.
N/A

> My Connection's been down since the first outage in Friday! 2 Weeks as well - just bitch at plus using contact us. My router refuses to get an ip, or recieve any packets or data. Anything like your problems? I also can't connect to the bt test accounts either.
>
> Cheers

Simon, I am having the exact same problem
N/A

> > My Connection's been down since the first outage in Friday! 2 Weeks as well - just bitch at plus using contact us. My router refuses to get an ip, or recieve any packets or data. Anything like your problems? I also can't connect to the bt test accounts either.
> >
> > Cheers
>
> Simon, I am having the exact same problem

What have plus said? Just phone them up at 7 in the morning if you can be arsed to get up at that time (I got straight through then!) and tell them that it is a hardware fault, and you want it sorted pronto or you will transfer. I don't know what other people's experience has been with plus but until now mine has been very good - but this is beginning to take the piss. Have you been given the same ***** I have over resetting dslm cards at the exchange and faulty routers / modems? If so, see if you can blag a friends router or modem to try out just to prove it is not hardware. Either that or phone them up and yell at them.

Oh and by the way, I'm not Simon, he's my dad and the principal account holder who is also getting very pissed off at out lack of broadband. I'm Andrew, and I'm the one who has to try and explain to my irate family why there is no internet!

Cheers

Andrew
N/A

Yeah they said the same stuff to me
that is was a modem fault, splitter fault
Now I think they have given my details to BT to test if the line is faulty but this was 3 days ago
Come on how long does it take to test a line