cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet

N/A

Internet

Hi, is there anything wrong with plusnet this morning, had to reboot my modem several times before I go the correct connection. Kept getting the bt test page or connection failed. Adsl light on steady, been a solid connection for a week....
Chris
16 REPLIES
N/A

Internet

Anyone? This is a bit frustrating as it's now been on all day with no problems. This can go on for two weeks, shows it isn't my setup, without a problem then bang no internet. Link light on, PC sees the router I just have to reboot it a couple of times and it comes back. Is it a pipline problem?
ChrisC
LiamM
Grafter

Internet

Unlikely to be a problem with Plusnet unless posted in the Service Status. Usually if 1 person gets disconnected, it has to be a few thousand who are all on the same pipe too.

I would suggest noting your connection drops and raise a ticket with Plusnet who will be able to advise on where the issue is being caused. It's more likely to be an exchange problem, or a line problem.

Do you know what your line stats are in terms of Attenuation and SNR? Most routers will show these figures... Have these problems happened ever since you've had ADSL or just started?
N/A

Internet

Hi and thx for your reply, my Attt is 21 down and 19 up, S/N is 31 for both. The connection actually stayed up until sat, when I turned everything on again I couldn't check my mail or access web sites. This time I only had to reboot my mode/router once, has been fine since.
ChrisC
lowry
Grafter

Internet

Hi,
I can't say I have noticed anything myself, and as 'martinfamily' says, if it was the result of a PlusNet problem, then many more people would be complaining of it too. Your line stats sounds fine (SNR of 31 is very good) which is odd because normally disconnects tend to be the result of a low SNR, or similar...

It really could have been a large number of things. As you have discovered, the best thing usually to do would be to reboot your router and re-connect.

matt Wink
N/A

Internet

I got the same message too, my guess it has something to do with the exchanges being upgraded for maXDSL perhaps.
kissack
Grafter

Internet

I had multiple "30 second" problems yesterday and today (noticed at 09.58 and 20.52) where I could not browse the internet for short periods . Nothing was changing this end, and athough I rebooted the modem yesterday (thinking it was a problem my end) I havent today and the connection has eventually (30-90 secs) come good
N/A

Internet

Hi, well all has been fine since sat, doesn't that suggest that there's nowt wrong my end either?
ChrisC
N/A

Internet

There may be nothing wrong your end. The problem still could be at your Exchange or with your line.

If there was a network problem with Plus Net, then a lot more of us would be shouting.

Perhaps BT doing a bit of work.
N/A

Internet

Hi again, "If there was a network problem with Plus Net, then a lot more of us would be shouting.". Yes I understand this, but some are if you look at the posts, however, I have never blamed Plusnet I was mearly asked that question for that particular time.

As a experiment I've left the modem/router switched on all the time to see if that helps, I can also rule out the filter as I've made and received a number of phone calls since my last disconnection and had no problems and no disconnection.

To follow some of the history, I've upgraded my router/modem's firmware, I've tried another modem/router. I have had disconnections in the middle of browsing from my laptop, all three computers connected the to router, either wired or wireless, lose internet conectivity at the same time. If I look at my router/modem's test page whilst disconnected I get this:

Diagnostic Test

This Page is used for performing diagnostics on the system.
Testing Connectivity to modem
Testing Ethernet LAN connection PASS

Testing ADSL Connection
Testing ADSL Synchronization PASS

Testing Network Connection
Testing ATM OAM segment ping PASS
Testing ATM OAM end to end ping PASS

Testing Internet Connectivity
Ping Primary Domain Names Server FAIL

Thanks
ChrisC
tssk
Grafter

Internet

My mate just got adsl, and it was dropping the connection every minute or so, could log onto pages at first, move to a linked page - nothing... for what's its worth, after three days of that, I remember reading somewhere that the updated version of XP Service Pack 2 can cause problems very similar to this, with certain systems.

I uninstalled Service Pack 2 - re-booted, ran MS updates etc with just Service Pack 1 - and everything has worked absolutely great since.. just thought it might help somebody, if you've tried everything else.
N/A

Internet

Hi funfiles, sorry but that doesn't help me as I've not got the same issues as you.
Weds, 21.04pm, connection still up.....
ChrisC
N/A

Internet

Hi again, just to say that as I've still not had a disconnection I will only now post up when I experiance any further problems.
Thanks all
ChrisC
N/A

Internet

Ok, today I got home at lunchtime, 12:38, no internet. Had to reboot the router 5 times before it eventually worked, the router has been left switched on all the time. Kinda silly how it can work for so long than I get no connection. See other posts for more info....
ChrisC
danep
Grafter

Internet

hi all

It is plusnet this time. They have been doing lots of work over the last couple of weeks and today as an example as well which has caused problems. I have been disconnected many times and have had varous DNS problems. Everyone needs to sign up to the plusnet service stauts email system so you know whats going on. I must get 5 -10 emails a day from them detailing the work going on, how its gone wrong, how it will be fixed/roled back etc etc...

Regards
Dane