cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet site errors

iPaqowner
Grafter

Internet site errors

Over the last couple of weeks I have had problems trying to access certain websites particularly over the last 3/4 days. In all cases the following page is displayed bt_test_user@startup_domain
Can anyone tell me the reason and cause?
Is the fault at my end or Plusnet's?
Thanks,
John.
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Internet site errors

If this happens frequently raise a contact us and get PlusNet to investigate.

What you are seeing only happens if your connection cannot be authorised by PlusNets system and you get allocated a BT IP rather than PlusNets one. This should be a very rare occurance so if it is happening a lot then there is something wrong with either BT's systems or PlusNets. It also sounds like your connection is dropping and when it tried to reconnect it fails and gives you a BT IP.

To solve the problem you need to disconnect your ADSL router/modem, wait 10 mins then reconnect. If it keeps happening report it to PlusNet.
iPaqowner
Grafter

Internet site errors

To solve the problem you need to disconnect your ADSL router/modem, wait 10 mins then reconnect. If it keeps happening report it to PlusNet.

Peter
I'm using a Netgear DG824 Modem/Wireless router.I'll try that tomorrow,
Thanks,
John.
N/A

Internet site errors

Wait at least 10 minutes, preferably, leave it off overnight to ensure a new VP when you turn back on.
If you still get the BT page, you should raise a ticket as this is a routing fault between you an plusnet.
iPaqowner
Grafter

Re: Internet site errors

Over the last couple of weeks I have had problems trying to access certain websites particularly over the last 3/4 days. In all cases the following page is displayed bt_test_user@startup_domain
Can anyone tell me the reason and cause?
Is the fault at my end or Plusnet's?
Thanks,
John.

Disconnecting my Netgear DG824M for 15 mins then reconnecting seems to have solved my problem, it's been okay for 5 days now.
Thanks to Peter & cqg4uzg

John.