cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet down practically ALL of yesterday

N/A

i tried replying to the other forum but it said admins only

I was at work till 12pm. When i get back my sister said the net wouldn't load (i've networked our 2 PCs) so i open up IE and it worked, laughed at her.

But then at 4pm the net stopped loading ANY pages. I kept trying. I even unplugged the router & went direct through the PCI modem i was given, and it would stick on the verifying username and password, but then it'd say it couldn't connect with remote computer or somethin on them lines

So, this was from 4pm. I then gave up at 10:30pm, 6 & half hours, because it STILL wouldn't work. would not load a single page at all, or even connect through my PCI modem.

The customer service here is great, it's 1 of the reasons i joined. But the reliability, recently anywya, has been in question as far as my internet goes. It is struggling lately, in the evening. Things load really slow, worse than 56k sometimes. And now this.

Is the reason for this those notices that were posted in the other forum last night?
6 REPLIES
N/A

As you have probably seen from the service status announcements, there was a Major Service Outage at the Manchester RAS which affected @ 2.5 million people.

Depending on where in the country you are, this may have been your issue.

However if you are continually having connection problems or speed problems then this is clearly a different issue.

Issues such as those are most likely not within Plus Nets control but either in your property or equipment or on the BT side.

Raise a ticket using the wizard, answer all questions irrespective of how daft they might appear to you and this will get investigated.

If any of us here on the forums can help, we will.
N/A

Re: Internet down practically ALL of yesterday

and it would stick on the verifying username and password, but then it'd say it couldn't connect with remote computer or somethin on them lines

error:619 !!

exactly the same thing happend to me,your not the only one,line was down this morning to for an hour or so :x all i keep doing on this forum is posting here my problems Cry..didnt touch a forum with my other isp freeserve/wanadoo in 4 years ,cuz there was no need to :roll:
N/A

Hi sprinter,

Generally error 619 corresponds to a local issue with your hardware config or an incompatibility issue. (quick google should reveal lots).

It is unlikely to be an issue outside of your property.
N/A

Funny that - I kept getting error 712. My connection went kaput at noon and I didnt get it back until I logged on this morning 8.30ish. I rang support and picked up the recorded message about the problem being with BT and that both dial-up and broadband was seriously affected.

But, the most annoying thing is that tagged on to the end of the message was the advice that further information could be obtained via plus-nets portal site. Stop me if I'm wrong but is anybody even able to connect to the site if they havent got an internet connection of some sort? If it is possible to do so could some one give me a heads up on how?

Luckly things are now back to normal and I'm able to get my daily fix of the MMOG City of Heroes plus I can now chat to hubby again via emails - hubby is in the merchant navy and spends most of his working life at sea - emailing each other keeps the relationship sweet. Lets hope it's a long time till we get another day like yesterday. :?
csogilvie
Grafter

They could have dialup with another ISP, access from another location (Library, office etc.) or their 0845 access may have worked fine.
N/A

yeah i was with wanadoo before i came here

but that was 56k. I had no problems at all, ever with them. Even when they were freeserve when it was something like 1p/min internet back in the late 90s.

But i heard they weren't too good for the broadband. In fact it seems all the "big" names weren't very good for broadband according to reviews. Which is why i came here, because every review was getting excited over plusnet.

Apart from the recent trouble, i am happy with my choice, so far