cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet connection sharing

N/A

Internet connection sharing

I have setup a wireless network with my 2000 machine and the kids ME machine everything works except the internet connection on the ME machine via the LAN, I get a DNS error when trying to connect doesn't give you any more details.
Thanks in advance for any advice.
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Internet connection sharing

> I have setup a wireless network with my 2000 machine and the kids ME machine everything works except the internet connection on the ME machine via the LAN, I get a DNS error when trying to connect doesn't give you any more details.
> Thanks in advance for any advice.

Have you enabled internet connection sharing on the LAN interface on 2000?
N/A

Have you given ME default gateway and you then need to add the DNS to ME or it wont get anywere. If you can get out on the net by using a IP then its just the dns on the ME pc

> > I have setup a wireless network with my 2000 machine and the kids ME machine everything works except the internet connection on the ME machine via the LAN, I get a DNS error when trying to connect doesn't give you any more details.
> > Thanks in advance for any advice.
>
> Have you enabled internet connection sharing on the LAN interface on 2000?

N/A

Have enabled ICS and given ME the default gateway, what is the DNS that I need to add to ME??

> Have you given ME default gateway and you then need to add the DNS to ME or it wont get anywere. If you can get out on the net by using a IP then its just the dns on the ME pc
>
> > > I have setup a wireless network with my 2000 machine and the kids ME machine everything works except the internet connection on the ME machine via the LAN, I get a DNS error when trying to connect doesn't give you any more details.
> > > Thanks in advance for any advice.
> >
> > Have you enabled internet connection sharing on the LAN interface on 2000?
>
>

N/A

If you run "ipconfig /all" from command prompt on 2000, it should show you the DNS it's using. But you could also try 212.159.11.150 and/or 212.159.13.150
cheers,
Evans

> Have enabled ICS and given ME the default gateway, what is the DNS that I need to add to ME??
>
> > Have you given ME default gateway and you then need to add the DNS to ME or it wont get anywere. If you can get out on the net by using a IP then its just the dns on the ME pc
> >
> > > > I have setup a wireless network with my 2000 machine and the kids ME machine everything works except the internet connection on the ME machine via the LAN, I get a DNS error when trying to connect doesn't give you any more details.
> > > > Thanks in advance for any advice.
> > >
> > > Have you enabled internet connection sharing on the LAN interface on 2000?
> >
> >
>
>