cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet connection sharing - Email Forwarding

N/A

Internet connection sharing - Email Forwarding

My kid's PC is networked to mine and uses Internet connection sharing to access the net and send/receive email. Since switching to ADSL they can receive email on their PC, but not send it. If I drop the ADSL and use the old dial up modem instead, they can send and receive. My PC sends and receives happily over ADSL. The error message reports that " No transport provider was available for delivery to this recipient."

Any help welcomed
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Internet connection sharing - Email Forwarding

Hi,
Sorry i cant be much help. Internet connection sharing is NOT my strong point. However i do have an idea. Open your email application and go to the email accounts. Check that the pc is set up to use the broadband connection to send and receive email and not the dialup connection. It sounds to me like a settings problem on your kids pc.

Hope this helps,
Let me know how you get on

David Allan
N/A

RE: Internet connection sharing - Email Forwarding

Thanks David, I am not so sure that it is a problem on the kid's PC as changing the method of iternet connection on the machine doing the sharing solves the problem. The kid's machine works ok if I use he old modem on my PC.

But, Hey! my eldest daughter is only seven, so she can live without email for a while. I still get to surf at high speed - sorry kids.

> Hi,
> Sorry i cant be much help. Internet connection sharing is NOT my strong point. However i do have an idea. Open your email application and go to the email accounts. Check that the pc is set up to use the broadband connection to send and receive email and not the dialup connection. It sounds to me like a settings problem on your kids pc.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Let me know how you get on
>
> David Allan