cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet access problems with Netgear DM602 and WGR614

N/A

Hi,

Thanks for advance for anybody who can help me with this, it's probably a really simple solution...

I have the modem router and wireless setup correctly to the extent that one computer can access the internet fine, and windows networking is all go.

Problem is that I am unable to get a second computer to access the internet, in-fact it can't even find the web-based controlpanel for the WGR614 (on the internal network).

I've double checked the settings on the DM602 and it's all correct according to the plus.net info page, also it's set to act as a Router. On the WGR614 setup the Internet IP address set to get dynamically from the ISP, and I've specified the ADSL DNS servers specified by plus.net (I've also got DHCP on, which is working fine)

I'm on a home self-install adsl 500 (or something) package, and plus.net assure me it should work in this kind of configuration!

Any insights much appreciated!

Cheers,
Will
2 REPLIES
N/A

Set those 2 units up according to the instructions
Here
Labelled ' set up guide for Linksys WRT54G with a Netgear DM602.'
Alec
N/A

thanks, works now!, though I would have eventually stumbled across those settings by-myself... :lol:

btw the guide says to set the IP address to fixed and the DNS to dynamically assigned, however that setting is not allowed. It worked with them specified instead.

all I have to do now is figure out where 198.162.0.10 is..... Cheesy