cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet acces via ADSL Broadband 500

N/A

I am a relative newcomer to this broadband lark and i`m experiencing access problems.
For the last 3 days we have been unable to get connection through the Plusnet supplied BT Voyager 105 modem with the second DSL light constantly flashing.
This has only stopped about 10-00 pm each evening and then we get a connection. We are totally baffled.
Is this down to our wiring or is it the quantity of traffic on the line or is the modem duff??
The fact that we get access sometimes only confuses me more as we are changing nothing when this happens.
Any help greatly appreciated
Thanks
MattBox
3 REPLIES
holdtight
Grafter

Checkout the status of your exchange Here first of all as there may possibly be a problem or some ongoing work by BT,

just insert your postcode and you will be given the status results, if the exchange is running at a high capacity at busy times or its currently on amber or red this will be the cause of your problem
lowry
Grafter

Hi there,
The fact that this is happening at a set time each evening sounds like it is as a result of something nearby. Is this the time that any of your household applicances are set to switch on at, or something a neighbour uses at this time...

Intermittent faults like this are hard to track down. I'd say that your best bet is to try and borrow a modem/router off a friend or relative and see if that solves the problem and also check that all of your filters are properly located when the problem occurs - you don't use the phone line for something else at 10pm do you? Then, open a 'Contact Us' ticket and give precise details of the problem and say what you have done. This will make it easier and quicker for PlusNet to get the probem to BT Wholesale.

I hope this helps,
matt Wink
N/A

Thanks
for your comments
In response
We only have one splitter straight in the main BT box and we only have one phone from this.
Normally we get access quite quickly but it can be variable sometimes taking up to 15 mins to get in. Yesterday was better than the previous 3 but still took about 1 hour!!
i will try the diff modem idea and see if that helps
Thanks
Matt