cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Light keeps going off, at regular random intervals

N/A

On my broadband wireless modem i have four lights that need to be on for it to work. The wireless light, the internet light, the broadband light, and the Power light.
However my internet light keeps turning off and i can't figure out why. It stops the internet working, and to get it working again i have to turn the whole unit off and back on again. I have the line filter in place as well...
HELP, this is really annoying!

PS: the model of my modem is a BT voyager 2110

PPS: Is it possible to change the wireless key/password?
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Saying what make/model you have would help as there are 100s of ADSL router with lights on?

Does it have a log, if so see if it reports any problems connecting.

It sounds like you are losing sync would could be caused by many things.

- Try unplugging all your phones
- Try the test socket which is behind the user removable lower panel of your master socket
- Try a different filter

Also check your line stats to see if your SNR is dropping causing the line to disconnect.
N/A

Has it only just started happening? Is you telephone line crackly?
With all the rain a lot of people have had the problem as water has got into the works. I had the same problem and about 50 people locally had it so bad you couldnt speak on the phone due to the noise. Reported it to bt and the fixed it in 4 days.

You can also do a quiet line test by dialling 17070 and selecting option 2, and see if there is any noise