cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Disconnects

N/A

Internet Disconnects

Hi,

For a while now my internet disconnects at certain times of the day, usually from 4pm to 5pm, 5:30pm to 6pm and 8:30pm to 10pm. Please can someone tell me why this is?
14 REPLIES
N/A

Internet Disconnects

It may help with diagnosing the problem if you tell us whether you have a router or a modem, and what make and model the equipment is.
N/A

Internet Disconnects

Sorry to butt in, but I've the same problem here today. Tonight at 6.00 for about an hour and then several extended periods throughout this evening. I was also having the same problem on last Saturday afternoon and evening.

I've had frustrating episodes like this in the past but then it seems to clear up just as mysteriously and there are no cut-ffs for a number of months. Huh
N/A

Internet Disconnects

Actually, it may be more appropriate if you both check first to see whether any problems have arisen with BT in your areas. Check using this tool on the Usertools website. If BT are responsible for your problems then it may show here. Otherwise it may be a local thing with interference from other wireless networking users, or electrical interference. Check the Exchange Checker and report the results here so we can continue to try to help.
N/A

Internet Disconnects

Results: Oxted Code: NDOXT
County: Surrey
Enabled: 17 May 2002

VP capacity at this exchange is currently showing as Green.

Port capacity at this exchange is currently showing as Green.

You can view recent Service Outages for this exchange here

BT has published upgrade information for this exchange

I tried the report and this is what i got.
Gryzor
Grafter

Same problem

Same problem on my Dads account in Market Deeping exchange. Goes on and off periodically. Was working prior to this without fault. Have tried the modem on its own in the master socket same problem so I am thinking something exchange related.
LiamM
Grafter

Internet Disconnects

Are you on Broadband Plus at all? Is this Idle Timeouts that are affecting you? If it is, then you can deactivate Idle Timeouts from the Connection Settings part of the portal.
N/A

Cant connect from 5pm to 11pm

I have the same problem I have searched the web and think that it may be a problem with plus.nets PPP server not responding quick enough for some modems, I have linksys WAG54g.

I suspect that at peek times when your connection is idle plusnet drops the connection then when you request a new page the modem has to contact the PPP server to restablish contact and if that takes to long then PPP errors ocurre.

If this happens repeatedly then the moden may automatically close the adsl connection and try to reconnect.

My connection works fine at quiet times, this is not just a plusnet problem goto forums that covers your modem and they may be able to help.
N/A

Random disconnects

Well i'm on PAYG account and as of last night have noticed random disconnects.

I've been playing a MMORPG for the best part of a year on this PAYG account, and its been very stable and very reliable.

Yesterday however, I started getting random disconnects from the game servers based in London. The disconnects were only momentary, but enough to drop the connection to the game servers. As of tonight, between the hours of 19:30 to 22:00, I've had 8 disconnects. The disconnects can happen at anytime and are not at fixed time intervals.

Nothing has changed on the conected PC. No new drivers, updates, packages or the like. One day everything was working fine, now it isn't and hasn't since yesterday for me.

Any ideas?
N/A

Internet Disconnects

Hi and welcome to the forums.

When the disconnects occur does the adsl / link light on your modem / router go out or flash or does it stay constant?
N/A

Internet Disconnects

Hi. Lights stays constant. I can reconnect to the servers immediately. THe disconnect really does seem to be a momentary blip.
N/A

Internet Disconnects

Hi,

There have been a number of issues affecting gamers lately. There are a couple of threads in Community Support and the Gaming forum which may shed some light.

Feel free to contribute to those discussions and where possible provide traceroutes to the gameservers you use.

Plus Net are aware of certain issues which seem to be affecting gamers and are trying to work with customers towards identifying and resolving the problem.
N/A

Internet Disconnects

An update: I have had the MMORPG EVE client logged in since 0530 this morning. Up until 1600, as I expected, I did not suffer a single disconnect.

I left the client connected and went out. When I came back at 1900 this evening, I found the client had suffered a disconnect.

Not to be detered I relogged, and was dumped out with a disconnect within 3 minutes of logging. I continued trying from 1900 to 2008 before calling it a day.

During that period of 1 hour and 8 minutes, I suffered a total of 8 disconnects. This is wholly unsatisfactory. I think this is pretty conclusive evidence that there is a MAJOR problem with traffic shaping - at least as far as EVE (and probably others) is concerned!

I am certain that after 12pm I will be able to play EVE without any disconnects until the magical 4pm is reached next day when we begin this nightmare all over again!

Problem is, my play time (like most peoples I suspect) is slap bang in this peak period.

What I really can't understand though is I had no problems with disconnects prior to last weekend. I assume there was traffic shaping then, so what has changed? The only thing unusual that I can think of is that I went over my bundled limit and had to purchase additional bandwidth. Is this shaped differently?

This is not the service I expect fror plus.net, nor the service I am paying for - PAYG by the way which as I understand it means I should have the highest traffic priority and lowest latency possible.

Evil
N/A

Internet Disconnects

hi
am also facing disconnects every few mins its Frustrating!!!!!

this is what the exchange says from the exchange status checker page:

Code: MYMAN
County: Yorkshire - West
Enabled: 31 Dec 2000

Colour: Red VP capacity at this exchange is currently showing as Red.
Click here for further details
Colour: Amber Port capacity at this exchange is currently showing as Amber.
N/A

Internet Disconnects

Colour: Red VP capacity at this exchange is currently showing as Red.

Looks like a BT issue then, this means they don't have enough VP for all their users, it is the point at which exchange contention gets to the extreme, unfortunately they will not accept a fault report for a speed issue while your exchange is RED they will just respond with the exchange is RED so all you can do is wait for BT to add more capacity.