cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Connection Sharing driving me nuts!

N/A

I really am at my wits end. I have just built a new PC, which I am using to type this message. I have successfully transferred my broadband onto it and I have networked it with my old PC using a crossover cable.

The network is fine - I can see both machines from either PC - but I cannot get ICS to work! This machine is running XP Pro (SP2) and the other is running XP Home (SP2). I have tried running the wizard on both machines - it runs fine and reports no problems - but the other machine simply cannot use the internet connection.

Is there a manual way of doing it? I have managed it in the past when I connected my Dad's laptop (Win 9Cool to his desktop (XP) and shared the connection just fine, so why on earth am I having problems now?

If someone can solve this I'll buy them a pint. Seriously, I'll send the money over PayPal...
1 REPLY
N/A

I CRACKED IT!

Cheesy

In case anyoneelse has the same problem, it was all to do with DNS settings - I had to put them in manually on the "client" PC. Basically I was clutching at straws and stumbled across this thread:

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=21447&highlight=ics

I applied the same theory and VOILA!

w00t!