cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent success in connecting

beskar
Grafter

Intermittent success in connecting

Hi - am finding that getting an ADSL connection is a bit hit and miss (have Fujitsu modem / Vigor USB2200 kit on Win2kPro machine)

As I don't need web access all the time, have set the router to only connect on demand (seemed safer from a security point of view also)

However, over the past few weeks I find that sometimes I get connection on pinging within 2 secs, other times it might take as much as 5 mins and several retries. Today it is 20 mins, and still no go (despite rebooting router and pc)

Now I have set the Vigor to be Always On but still no connection...

Oh - guess what, now got one...

Anyone any idea where the problem could be?
1) PlusNet
2) BT line
3) Fujitsu/Vigor kit or Win2kPro

From now on I'll leave the connection on permanently - but I'd like to understand the reason for the intermittent nature of the problems.

Ta
1 REPLY
N/A

RE: Intermittent success in connecting

ITs not just you or your kit man...i get this sort of thing a lot...its probably problems that bt and plusnet need to sort out as it is rather annoying!

> Hi - am finding that getting an ADSL connection is a bit hit and miss (have Fujitsu modem / Vigor USB2200 kit on Win2kPro machine)
>
> As I don't need web access all the time, have set the router to only connect on demand (seemed safer from a security point of view also)
>
> However, over the past few weeks I find that sometimes I get connection on pinging within 2 secs, other times it might take as much as 5 mins and several retries. Today it is 20 mins, and still no go (despite rebooting router and pc)
>
> Now I have set the Vigor to be Always On but still no connection...
>
> Oh - guess what, now got one...
>
> Anyone any idea where the problem could be?
> 1) PlusNet
> 2) BT line
> 3) Fujitsu/Vigor kit or Win2kPro
>
> From now on I'll leave the connection on permanently - but I'd like to understand the reason for the intermittent nature of the problems.
>
> Ta
>