cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent disconnections!!! Support please investigate

N/A

Intermittent disconnections!!! Support please investigate

Hi,

Currently I am in the States and trying to communicate with my wife at home.

We live in the Christchurch, Dorset area and it would seem like there is some sort of intermittent connection problem?

I've looked at the service status pages, but nobody else seems to be having any problems? Could this be a BT line problem?

Cannot ask my wife to do too much apart from reboot all the equipment, but that isn't having any success!!

Thoughts and solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Bill Drysdale
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Intermittent disconnections!!! Support please investigat

> Hi,
>
> Currently I am in the States and trying to communicate with my wife at home.
>
> We live in the Christchurch, Dorset area and it would seem like there is some sort of intermittent connection problem?
>
> I've looked at the service status pages, but nobody else seems to be having any problems? Could this be a BT line problem?
>
> Cannot ask my wife to do too much apart from reboot all the equipment, but that isn't having any success!!
>
> Thoughts and solutions would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Bill Drysdale
> hi Bill have u had broadband long? I had probs in the begining--are you using the plusnet supplied usb modem(dynamode)? if so check to see if your m/board has a via chipset. if so you might want to buy a usb pci card.the via chipset is not to good at supporting usb. I did this and it worked for me. fast and stable connection since january. hope this helps good luck

steve
N/A

> > Hi,
> >
> > Currently I am in the States and trying to communicate with my wife at home.
> >
> > We live in the Christchurch, Dorset area and it would seem like there is some sort of intermittent connection problem?
> >
> > I've looked at the service status pages, but nobody else seems to be having any problems? Could this be a BT line problem?
> >
> > Cannot ask my wife to do too much apart from reboot all the equipment, but that isn't having any success!!
> >
> > Thoughts and solutions would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Bill Drysdale
> > hi Bill have u had broadband long? I had probs in the begining--are you using the plusnet supplied usb modem(dynamode)? if so check to see if your m/board has a via chipset. if so you might want to buy a usb pci card.the via chipset is not to good at supporting usb. I did this and it worked for me. fast and stable connection since january. hope this helps good luck
>
> steve
>

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your reply, I have had broadband, through Plusnet, since August 2002, in the main have had no real issues with it, so I don't think its a hardware or equipment problem. I suspect it to be a problem with either the service Plusnet is getting via BT in this area or there is a problem at Plusnet.

I obviously being in the States cannot troubleshoot the problem for my wife, and I might add this problem has only surfaced since Wednesday.

I wait in hope of getting some sort of feedback from Plusnet Support.

Thanks all the same.

Bill
N/A

Can't you contact them directly?
N/A

Hi,

I would like to remind customers that we DO NOT normally monitor this forum and only generally provide reponses in the PlusNet forum. As it happens, I am personally looking to adjust that policy and will always try to answer posts here when it is quiet.

I would suggest that problems like this however are raised to us via the Contact Us system on the portal or by telephone support (Which if your desperate does work from America!). If you have already raised a ticket you should always post the ticket numbers in any posts you make to these forums.

Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Customer Support