Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent Disconnect

N/A

Intermittent Disconnect

Hi
- Up to 3 weeks ago I used BTOpenworld very successfully with no problems
- Then I moved house and joined PlusNet.
- I got up and running quickly but sometime during the first week I lost connection.
- Spent quite alot of time on the phone to PlusNet over the weekend disconnecting and leaving machine for 65 minutes several times and finally after 3 days was reconnected. Learnt about bt_test@startup_domain and
bt_test_user@plus.net
- Have lost connection 4 times since. Have managed to reconnect by trying the following in various orders
kt121hd@plusdsl.net -- sometimes this connects
kt121hd@plus.net -- sometimes this connects
bt_test@startup_domain -- this always connects
bt_test_user@plus.net -- I'm not so sure if this always connects
- To me this is irritating -- to the remainder of the family its a major impediment
- I have no clue as to how this technology works(or not) so don't really know how to debug it.
- Do the symptoms rule out a problem with the hardware/wiring in my house?
- The router shows 2 System Statuses
--- ADSL Line: Up, Down
--- Internet Connection: Up, Connecting,Down
--- ADSL line is always Up
----Problem is Internet Connection shows "Connecting"
- 3 Com OfficeConnect® Remote 612 ADSL Router
- Walton on Thames

Any ideas?
Thanks
Mike
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Intermittent Disconnect

Hi
kt121hd@plusdsl.net -- sometimes this connects
kt121hd@plus.net -- sometimes this connects

Any ideas?
Thanks
Mike

The above is not correct :? Only one of the above should get you connected. The other should always fail.
The only way it could connect is if someone else has the other user name which is very unlikely.
I think you need to raise a link:Contact us ticket to have your connection checked by PlusNet.

Also if you are in a new property then it is also worth checking out the wiring etc.
Try connecting from just the master socket wityh no other phones etc in circuit and if its stays up solid then that would indicate a wiring problem somewhere
N/A

Intermittent disconnect

- I assure you both kt121hd@plusdsl.net and kt121hd@plus.net work at different times. To quote plusnet "provisioned on two realms"
- I am directly plugged into the wall socket. Given that timebetween failures is a day or so, I can't really lose the phone for that length of time.
- The previous occupant of this house had no problem with this wiring
- Why do I get a status of "connecting" why am I not connected or refused?
N/A

Intermittent Disconnect

i get the intermintant disconection ,,,40 times a day thats how intermitent mine is,,,,takeing the piss now i think ,,,i seroulsy am thinking about bulldog as a isp

as well as plusnet telling me they could chrage me 50quid plus vat for the bt engineer to look at my line and if theres no problem he will charge 50 quid,,yeah right,,,,instead of you chargeing me 50 quid plusnet why dont i take my bussiness elswhere,,ehhhh on a 65.99 pound a month conection 2meg,,you would expect it to be super great smashing even..............keep up the good work plusnet
N/A

Intermittent Disconnect

This charge by BT is nothing to do with PlusNet.

BT introduced this because they where seeing many abortive visits that related to the customers, hardware, wiring or other device on the line.
Community Veteran

Re: Intermittent disconnect

- I assure you both kt121hd@plusdsl.net and kt121hd@plus.net work at different times. To quote plusnet "provisioned on two realms"

Then there is something wrong with the way your account is set up and I definitely think you need to raise a link:Contact us ticket.