cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent Connection Problems

N/A

I recently moved from Wanadoo (2/3 weeks ago), and upgraded to 1 mb after the first couple of days so have been on 1mb now for about a week. During the first week I had a couple of drop outs - not something I had with Wannadoo. Since upgrading to 1mb though the number of drop outs - with my modem/router (a Belkin ADSL Modem with wireless Router F5076304Auk - I only use the wired bit) often hanging. In the last few days it has been about 2-3 times a day. It is configured as per the advice on the user forum. My use is not unusual though I am downloading reasonably heavily at the moment (not something I do regularly). My DL speeds are between 20-60 KB/s with a similar upload level. Something I would expect a 1mb line to handle standing on its head.

Any ideas or similar experiences out there?
2 REPLIES
N/A

Dude,

Have a look here before you go any further:
http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=21604
N/A

Thanks for that Cheesy I followed the link to show the Plusnet bandwidth usage and it did seem to correspond to the times I had a problem, well for those times I could remember anyway. I did the tracer test it suggested and I am currently on the congested pipes. I have been on line now for a while (since 11:00 last night) without problems, but then the bandwidth usage shows reasonable low usage. So I think I will stay on the redbacks until I have the problem then double check with the bandwidth to see if it co-incides.

Not a great position to be in though to have to re-login until I get a good connection at a 6 in 28 chance Sad