cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interleaving best to leave on or off???

N/A

Sorry in advance if this question has been posted before I've had a quick look and didn't see it
Has anybody tried turning off interleaving?
my speed tests have been all over the place and i wondered if turning it off would help?

the warning puts me off and i wonder why it can't be turned back on?
4 REPLIES
shellsong
Grafter

Turning interleaving off will normally improve ping and latency which can be preferable for some application such as gaming but this can be at the expense of error correction and can result in reduced download speeds where your connection has a lot of erroring
N/A

Thanks best leave it
N/A

Turning interleaving off will normally improve ping and latency which can be preferable for some application such as gaming but this can be at the expense of error correction and can result in reduced download speeds where your connection has a lot of erroring

Would large Bit Torrent downloads also be affected by changing the Interleaving option?

I am considering turning it off for better game pings, which I believe could be better.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

In general interleaving shouldn't make much difference to BitTorrent downloads and the like. Traffic like this doesn't rely as much on latency as gaming so an extra 20-30ms with interleaving on should give about the same performance.

Of course switching interleaving off when the line's a little unstable can cause problems. The Max works is in a lot of cases it will always be a tradeoff, you can have good stability but need interleaving on or a higher target SNR.