cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interleaving (again)

N/A

Interleaving (again)

Hi,

I checked the status on my router and interleaving was on. I have a SNR of about 17, but my download speeds still suck. The line is stable and never disconnects.

Most of my speed tests I am getting less than half a mb even though I'm synching at about 3mbps at the moment (i used to sych at 5mbps, god knows what happened there).

I emailed support to get interleaving switched off to see if this would make a difference and they said interleaving was set to auto on my line. I've not heard of this before. They advised me to leave it as it is because the line might become unstable otherwise.

Does anybody have any thoughts or advice. I'm a bit confused now.

Thanks

Oliver
4 REPLIES
hitachi
Grafter

Interleaving (again)

Interleaving is set to auto by default,which effectively mean off.
If BT think it needs interleaving it turns it on,as far as I know it will not go off again unless plusnet request it.
N/A

Interleaving (again)

Thanks for that. When the support guy said auto I thought he mean't auto on and off not just on.

Will it make a difference if I turn it off, apart from making the connection possibly less stable?

Thanks again

Oliver
vic_newey
Grafter

Interleaving (again)

It didn't make mine unstable, it just lowered snr from 12 to 9 & pings dropped to 16 average.
BT keep interfering or rather their system does as now my snr is back up to 12 but sync has dropped from 1900 to 1600 for no good reason.
Every time I think all is fine & dandy then BT kicks in & alters it which is very annoying Evil
N/A

Interleaving (again)

My Stable Rate was 4500 for ages and I was synching at about 5 - 5.5mbps. I woke up one morning to find myself syching at 2400 and it's been the same for about 3 weeks now. My stable rate is now 1500. AAGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!

I recieved a NTE5 faceplate today I've plugged it in and it's made bugger all difference.

Oh well!