cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interleaving - Bad Result

N/A

Hi All,

I requested interleaving be switched on last week and left my router off last night and low and behold it is now interleaving. Bad news is I am now getting synched at a lower speed. In the past I was getting synched at 7600-8090.

Now with interleaving I am getting synched at 7392. Will this vary in the next few days since this is day one of being interleaved, or is this a sign of speeds to come? Also I am finding speed tests are very slow, last night I was getting 5-6mbs, now I am lucky if I hit 4mb?

Any ideas? If I want to turn it off, is this possible and should I do it form the control panel on the portal or get PlusNet to do it for me?

Thanks

Aidan
6 REPLIES
pacem
Grafter

I can't believe you're posting about a 5% speed decrease.

Paul.<><
N/A

As a person who has NEVER had a stable rate higher than 1500kbs in all the months I've been maxed, I was thinking roughly the same thing, lol.
N/A

I would hardly call going from 6.5mb down to 3-4mb a 5% decrease. My point was that interleaving has left me with a lower speed, I would say this info was worthy of a post, wouldnt you?

A
shellsong
Grafter

Your synch rate is the one that hasn't dropped by much! Speedtests and download speeds are a whole 'nother ball game and can be due to a lot of variables!
N/A

And to add to it, my stable rate has decreased from 7000 to 6000 and it hasnt done that in the 3 months I have has MaxADSL so something is wrong with activating interleaving!

Aidan
lunarjetman
Grafter

Interleaved lines cannot sync as high as lines that use FAST path because of the Forward Error Correction overhead. This'll knock 300-400 Kpbs off your sync, maybe more. Sounds like this has been enough to drop you down a BRAS notch too.

That's the trade-off with Interleaving, sync for stability.