cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel Anypoint 3240

N/A

Intel Anypoint 3240

I am registered for ADSL with Plus-Net but it's not live yet. I'm in the process of getting everything lined up ready. I have an Intel Anypoint 3240 DSL modem. This was bundled in with someone's new computer and he didn't need it. There was no CD-ROM with drivers supplied with it. I think this would normally be supplied by BT in a welcome pack for their own service. Is the only way to get the drivers from the BT CD-ROM? Can I get one? I don't seem to be able to download the drivers from anywhere (Intel no help). Any ideas??

Moved from feedback section to ADSL forum (johnessex)
11 REPLIES
N/A

Intel Anypoint 3240

Finding a link to this was rather easy.

Simply type 3240 into the search box on http://www.intel.co.uk/ - The first link returned is to the Anypoint product site which is HERE

There is a nice statement regarding the fact no support is offered, and that you need to contact the supplying ISP for support (not +Net in your case).

However, there is still drivers on the site.

1: Navigate to http://modemsupport.intel.com/
2: Click the radio button to the left of your modem (3240)
3: Click "Software updates" on the left

The only way to obtain software is to select "BT Openworld" from the list

The problem is, it seems it is all customised for BT Openwoe. How customised I don't know.
N/A

Intel Anypoint 3240

I'll give that a try! It might be possible to remove the customisations. Thanks.
Lorian
Grafter

Intel Anypoint 3240

I'll give that a try! It might be possible to remove the customisations. Thanks.

Installed 10 of these a few weeks ago on BT Openworld Business. Some tips:

Watch for incompatibilities with VIA chipsets,
Make sure it gets a proper 500ma USB connection, don't run portable ofn batteries or share too many devices on the same hub
Make sure (If XP) you have local administration rights when installing drivers, otherwise all looks ok but the drivers don't load properly.

Jc.
N/A

Intel Anypoint 3240

I also been having Problems with this type of Modem.
As stated above they are distributed for BTopenworld.

Although I can get the Hardware working, when setting it up to connect to Plusnet I was unable to Select pppoa only pppoe was given as an option.
this was in the connection properties/networking tab OS XP pro.

Any know if this is because its set for BT or can i get round it

Thanks
Matt
N/A

Intel Anypoint 3240

The whole of the UK was setup with PPPoA.

PPPoE didn't (and still doesn't) exist until the last few months (in the UK, most of the world uses it otherwise). It has been enabled to give more choice of hardware to the UK, though BT and ISPs will still only support there customer, when running in PPPoA mode.

Is PPPoE the only option, or are there others, but not labeled PPPoA.
N/A

Intel Anypoint 3240

Definitely don't sound right, when I had a look at a neighbour's BT Openworld
setup a couple of weeks back everything seemed identical to
Plusnets setup albeit with a different modem.
I'd try Philip's link to intel and download the specific drivers for BT if your drivers don't support PPOA.
As a last resort you can always try drivers from a different modem.
I ran my alcatel speedtouch with my old conexant software for a couple of weeks before I got round to installing the new drivers without any problems
at all, so you can try the drivers from either conexant and even better Alcatels
latest drivers, If in trouble.
But as I said it sounds like you have the incorrect drivers.
PS. just noted you say it's set for Bt if so check again are there any other choices.?
N/A

Intel Anypoint 3240

Thanks for the Reply.
Yup PPPoe is the only option available to me, in the network tab. I can not find anyother place where it could be altered.

I checked the Diagnostics tools for the modem and that says PPPoA Driver.

I also checked the Intel web site and it does look to be heavily intergrated with the BT ISP, and does warn may not work with others. (modem was a free one-hence why I am trying)
N/A

Intel Anypoint 3240

First off, the conexant drivers will not function with this.

This modem is Intel by make, and driven by a Intel chipset. The reason you modem functioned with other driver, is because connexant OEM resell there chip. Thus, provided the driver is for that chipset, it will function for any modem with it in.

As for the real issue here, I am rather baffled as by you are looking in network tabs.

Are you trying to add a dial-up connection, or adding it as a network card?

AFAIK, you should be using a dial-up connection.

I can't otherwise find any information to get this working.
N/A

Intel Anypoint 3240

The Modem appears as a Network Card.
I am then Creating a NEW Connection in Network and Dial up connections.
I am choosing the Braodband option requiring username to log in. and it gives me variouse options.
At the end I go in and check the IP properties. to add the DNS properties, and it was whilst I was checking the all the Options I noticed that it was set up for PPPoe, hit the drop down menu hoping to change it and it was the only setting.

Thanks Again
Matt
N/A

Intel Anypoint 3240

The reason you modem functioned with other driver, is because connexant OEM resell there chip. Thus, provided the driver is for that chipset, it will function for any modem with it in

Not so, the first Dynamode USB modem has a conexant chipset the Alcatel 330 an Alcatel Chipset, the Conexant drives the Alcatel but not vice versa
and probably neither will drive the Intel, but only suggested as a last resort before the Intel was disposed of.
The Intel website describes an option to install BT openworld software as part of the set -up procedure, did you bypass this ? maybe this is the link to the PPPOA driver ? Sorry can't think of anything else.
N/A

Intel Anypoint 3240

I did bypass this option, as it just wanted to set up the btopenworld connection.
I think I am going to give up with this Modem, Intel are possibly only manufacturing them for BT hence the problems when trying to use for someone Else.
I hopefully have found another one to try tonight, not sure of the make yet, so you never know I may get access yet.

Other than that I will have to part with some cash and buy one from Plusnet..

Thanks to everyone for your input.

matt