cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquiring

N/A

Inquiring

Well, ive had PlusNet Premier for about hmmm about 6 months, and i get a connection drop everyday, i know this is not usual, just inquiring how many connection drops people have from PlusNet. I'm using a Conexant AccessRunner USB ADSL WAN modem. I'm open to all suggestions on how to fix this and please post how many times your connection drops, thanks alot, Mark.

P.S: Could of made a poll, but would rather you to tell me like this Cheesy lol
27 REPLIES
N/A

Inquiring

A Reply would be nice Wink Cheesy hehe
N/A

Inquiring

connection drops as in sync loss or ppp?

If its sync loss then its nothing to do with plusnet. its to do with ur line.
If its ppp, then thats another story
N/A

Inquiring

Well my modem connects like Dial-Up, so you have to manually dial to connect, So it is PPP yes.. Any ideas?
N/A

Inquiring

Could someone please help me? i need to host a server and when it disconnects once a day without fail, its impossible?? ty
N/A

Inquiring

If you set your modem software/hardware to log all information, and then provide the log to us we can better help diagnose the problem.

If you tell us what modem/software you are using we can help you to find the logging options.
N/A

Inquiring

Ok i started the log... when it disconnects, i'll reconnect and send you the Log, ok?Huh
N/A

Inquiring

Could someone please help me? i need to host a server and when it disconnects once a day without fail,

If you want to host a server, I suggest you buy a router rather than use a modem. A router is fair more stable, more secure, doesn't need drivers and automatically reconnects.

As the problem you've been having, you need to determine whether your losing sync or it's something else. I could also be your board isn't supplying the moderm with enough power, as this does happen with some chipsets.
N/A

Inquiring

Hey, ive had a router, i dont like them, and they dont like me lol. Ok my DSL Log is gonna be waaay to big to print out on here.. so when it disconnects, i'll upload it to my site and give you the link. I'm using a Conexant AccessRunner USB ADSL WAN modem. Could you please check for updates for it or something please, as i dont know where to start?? thank alot, Mark Smiley
N/A

Inquiring

Hey, ive had a router, i dont like them, and they dont like me lol.

How were you planning on running your server on the net then?
I can only see one decent way forward using a usb modem which would be for your server to hold the prime connection to the net and have all other machines routed via it to get an internet connection.
What routers have you tried? Reason I am asking is there are a lot of user friendly routers out there and then some that are powerful and yet simplicity all rooled into one. Smiley

Regards,
N/A

Inquiring

Ive had the BT Voyager 205 and it completely sucked lol. I only have one computer, my modem is connected by USB. And its a server as in a chat server... I get lots of people come in, and with me disconnecting everyday its very very annoying when your chatting and it suddenly disconnects and all the people drop from the server.. And my Modem DSL Log is at 656KB already and i started it about 2 hours ago lol... i'll still upload it to my site and post it when i disconnect though. ok.

Btw my modem is a: Conexant AccessRunner USB ADSL WAN
Driver Version: 13032.099.040.000

Does anyone know if theres a new driver available or something please?Huh
LiamM
Grafter

Inquiring

Btw my modem is a: Conexant AccessRunner USB ADSL WAN
Driver Version: 13032.099.040.000

Had loads of problems with a couple of these? Is it a cheapy Origo / Safecom one? Couple of my friends purchased them and they're very unreliable.

USB Modems generally drop more than routers and it's often due to the USB ports on the PC drawing too much power, or a slight power fluctuation causing them to drop the connection.

As suggested otherwise Routers are a doddle to setup, are truly always on, reconnect on dropped connections and imo you simply cannot host any kind of server without one.

I'd strongly suggest investing in something like a DG834 or DG834G (wireless).
N/A

Inquiring

Hmmm ok thank you, i'll take that to mind. But at the min, does anyone have ANY suggestions, ideas, firmwire updates, driver updates, anything? please?
N/A

Inquiring

Ok ive just disconnected after about 8 hours or so, Ive upload my DSL Log to my site, Heres the link>>http://www.freewebs.com/matthews/My%20DSL%20Log.rar

Now could someone please tell me whats going wrong?? Cry
N/A

Inquiring

Anyone know whats up yet? :shock: :lol: