cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase in Sub7 probes after the new pipe

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Increase in Sub7 probes after the new pipe

For the last 2 days, I 'd say I'm getting on average 1 probe per 4 hours. Before it that would have been, 4-6 per week.

This just me or anyone else notice the increase?
--
ADSL @ 288/576 Self Install
IRC.UTCHAT.COM
@ in #utgames #utchat #uthelp
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Increase in Sub7 probes after the new pipe

Dear Customer

The installation of the new pipe would not cause the increase of this kind of thing. If you are concerned about security then having antivirus and firewall in place is allways prudent if you have a broadband connection. If you don't have these installed then www.download.com is a good place to find freeware and demos of various products.

Regards,

Chris

--
| Chris.Taylor.......................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support...............Advisorfor Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd...................http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

RE: Increase in Sub7 probes after the new pipe

I was thinking more along the lines, is Plusnet the ISP for the script flooders etc too attack for now. I've seen various broadband ISP's and there user's being attacked, while using IRC for the last 4 years.

As up until now it wasn't an issue, as I've always been "safe" or not worth the bother of trying in 56k, but now in DSL its a different matter.
--
ADSL @ 288/576 Self Install
IRC.UTCHAT.COM
@ in #utgames #utchat #uthelp
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017