cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect View my Usage Figures

dejjones
Grafter

There appears to be a problem with my "View my Broadband Usage" facility.
If I view the summary page I get the figures below:-

Paid-for usage 476.63MB 8am - Midnight
Free usage: 28.11MB Midnight - 8am
Total usage: 504.73MB

If I view the "internet activities summary" page, I get these figures:-

Paid-For Usage 63%
Free Usage 37%

Even my suspect mathematical ability can detect that these two sets of figures are not compatible.

I believe the second figures are about right because I have been on line a lot before 8am over the last few days.

Could someone please investigate?
7 REPLIES
James
Grafter

Hi there,

I've just had a look at your VMBU data and I can see exactly the same as what you are reporting. Before I get someone to investigate this I would be interested to hear if anyone else were seeing the same issue. That way, if there were others seeing the same problem, then it would add weight to the priority of the problem.
dejjones
Grafter

James

How long to you intend to wait before you you investigate this?
James
Grafter

Hi macklane,

Given that this should not impact the amount that you are paying us, I'm going to give it until tomorrow unless someone else has the same problem. I need to find out if it is a single customer affecting issue or whether it is part of something larger.
dejjones
Grafter

James
This could well impact the amount that I pay if it takes me over the 1GB threshold
James
Grafter

Ok, it looks like I may be misinterpreting what the problem is as far as you are concerned.

I thought you were saying that there was a mistach between the proportion of usage vs. the actual figures. Am I wrong?
dejjones
Grafter

James

The summary page shows 504MB of usage of which only 28MB are free i.e. about 6%.

The activities page says the free usage is 37%.I believe this is the correct figure.
If the charging is based on this page then I don't care.

If the charging is based on the summary figures,I could well get to the 1GB threshold before the end of the month meaning I would be unfairly charged. So I would like you to sort it out please.

I imagined that PN might be more interested in sorting out the reason for errors.
James
Grafter

Right, thanks. I see your point now.

Can you get a ticket raised to that effect and I will then pass it to our Networks team to investigate for you?