cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Service Status!

N/A

Incorrect Service Status!

I have been aware of all the problems yesterday, and guessed that it should be back online now (3:00am) so check service status on Plusnet portal for connectivity and it shows the green light and all statements suggest the system is now up and running better than ever before!!

I try and browse some other sites and find I can't get anywhere. I reboot my router and still the same problem.

I call Plusnet support and they say they are aware of this problem.

SO WHY THE F*** DONT THEY PUT THIS ON THE SERVICE STATUS!!!

One un-happy customer who will think twice about recommending Plusnet in future.
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Incorrect Service Status!

> I have been aware of all the problems yesterday, and guessed that it should be back online now (3:00am) so check service status on Plusnet portal for connectivity and it shows the green light and all statements suggest the system is now up and running better than ever before!!
>
> I try and browse some other sites and find I can't get anywhere. I reboot my router and still the same problem.
>
> I call Plusnet support and they say they are aware of this problem.
>
> SO WHY THE F*** DONT THEY PUT THIS ON THE SERVICE STATUS!!!
>
> One un-happy customer who will think twice about recommending Plusnet in future.

If you have a firewall running (which i hope you do) try lowering the security settings. I have zonealarm pro and I have lowered the security from high to medium and it now works. I just hope they find the answer to this so i can put it back on high again.
N/A

RE: Incorrect Service Status!

Bob Goldsmith said:

"We completely understand the seriousness of this problem, and I can assure you that we will be working non stop until we are happy that the current problems with connectivity are fully resolved"

Well after having had my ticket closed without confirmation from me that the problem was clear (and it isn't) what has become obvious to me is that Mr Goldsmith's desire to problems "fully resolved" is not shared by all other PlusNet staff.

PR and spin are clearly taking precedence over truthfulness and actually getting problems solved.

I understand that this outage is very embarassing for PlusNet since it is clearly one of their own making but "Resolving the problems" as Mr Goldsmith states is the only "spin" that will get PlusNet out of this situation.

It is sad when good customer communication becomes a propaganda weapon as it clearly now has. The morning statements that were made were good and reasonably informative. It is clear, however, that as the day went on an air of desperation took over and some serious mistakes have been made that will leave a bad taste in the mouth of any customers who look beyond the glib gloss, since the attitude shown up below this is not very palatable.

There was no need for the "all-clear" statement of this evening. A move to amber, rather than green, and a "will monitor" statement would have been more in keeping with the sentiments expressed by Mr Goldsmith i.e "I can assure you that we will be working non stop until we are happy that the current problems with connectivity are fully resolved"

Quite clearly PlusNet as a whole didn't share his views. Getting a statement out that all was OK obviously took priority over the full resolution of the problems and does not reflect well on PlusNet's integrity!

Time for the "spin" machine to have a refit!

Regards
--
Emeric Miszti
http://www.uksecurityonline.com