cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming phone call drops connection

N/A

Every time I answer the phone my connection drops. Ive been on broadband for 2 years now with plusnet and Ive never had this problem. Any advice would be most welcome. Oh yes and outgoing as well. Driving me nuts.
3 REPLIES
N/A

Sounds like you've got a faulty filter, try swapping them around if you have more than1, or prove by maybe borrowing one from a mate. They are not expensive to buy, although like most things you get what you pay for.

Jeff
Community Veteran

All phones, faxes, 56k modems and sky boxes must be connected via an ADSL filter/splitter. If they are not then it can cause your ADSL modem to desync and drop out.

Also if your ADSL modem is not connnected via an ADSL filter/splitter on the ADSL side of the splitter then fit one and see if that helps.

Filter/splitters do fail so try replacing any you have - you could try to identify which splitter may be at fault by the process of elimination. try each one individually on a single phone and see if any cause the problem.
N/A

Hi,

I had this exact problem recently. Do you get noise on your line as well?
Check your filters first and follow the tutorials and wiring diagrams previously listed.

If all this fails, try plugging a normal corded phone into your master socket. If you get any background noise like cracking then you may have a faulty line and you will need to raise a fault call with BT.