cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming Call Ring Disconnects ADSL

N/A

Virtually every incoming call drops the ADSL. Just a master socket and one microfilter. One landline phone and a Netgear DG834GT modem router.

Are there any 'GOOD' microfilters that stop the ringing getting through to the ADSL modem I've got a pile of different ones that don't stop the problem

Thanks
Colin Evil
10 REPLIES
Alecto
Grafter

These xf-1e filters should sort it out. They did for me, and are recommended by those on the forum who know about these things.
LiamM
Grafter

It's unusual that a whole pile of microfilters don't sort it. This isn't an all that common problem.

Does it do it with the router plugged into the master socket, filtered, with no phones plugged into the line?
OldDave
Grafter

Had exactly this problem it was caused by a fault on the line - corrosion in the green BT box at the side of the road and also the box attached to my house.

Is your phone line crackly ours was for several years then it eventually failed totally
N/A

I use Xf-1e filters.
I do have noisy line problems - but not as consistently as the ADSL dropping out.
The exchange is 7km of wire away which doesn't help.
I have have had BT out to investigate noisy line issues, they agree it's there but can't directly find the fault. FYI the automated line fault system can NOT detect noisy lines!!!!

Colin
N/A

I had thw same problem in my study at home.
The study phone line was an extension put in by the previous owner. After months of frustration I ran a ethernet cable to the lounge where the main BT point came in and coonected my router here. No problems after that.

Try plugging the router into the main BT socket in the house.

Good Luck
N/A

Thanks but the router is in the master socket and having tried a bundle of filters again and back to the xf-1e a call dropped the line today
keithcalder
Grafter

Hi

I have a dg834g v2 and mine did the same, it was the base station of my cordless phone that was causing the trouble. Do you have a cordless phone and is te base anywhere near your router? If so I would try moving it at least 3 feet from the router to see if it helps, it sorted mine. Smiley

Keith
N/A

Yes I do have a DECT phone 2 feet away and thought of that but i still get the problem with a traditional landline phone.

Hmmm
N/A

I have a Linksys WAG54G and also use Phillips DECT cordless phones amd have exactly the same problem regarding incoming calls as well.

We all aren't on the same exchange are we? :-)

I do have my router plugged into the extension socket rather than the main socket that comes into the house and am going to change so that it runs of the main icoming BT socket to see if it makes a difference.

Thanks,

Sue

P.S. Could it possibly be the phones themselves that are causing the problem?
N/A

Time to try modem/router only into master socket and NO phones and keep ringing the house from my mobile and see what happens!