cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Important - for everyone

N/A

Important - for everyone

Hi,

I was in most of your positions, internet cutting out etc but i found out the problem for that it was because of a light in my house which ever was turned on cut me off the internet....so for everyone else try seeing if turning off all lights helps.

Anyway i was fed up with this so i decided to move to Sky broadband....i wish i didnt. they lost my order 3 times!!! it and its been 4 weeks since i ordered it and iam still not connected to the internet but thanks to plusnet they have dial up included for registered costomers which has saved me and my business. So if anyone decides to switch dont choose sky.

Iam trying to get back to plusnet but sky said they can only send me a mac code in the post which basically means they cant be bothered and try delaying it as much as possible.

Well i hope this has helped
7 REPLIES
Midville
Grafter

Important - for everyone

I hope you get it sorted - quickly.
N/A

Important - for everyone

thx, so do i. its liek the first time ever i want to be part of plusnet lol
jrgrahamcov
Grafter

Important - for everyone

I would phone sky again and ask for your MAC code over the phone. All other companies even TalkTalk give you your MAC code over the phone. The person you spoke to may have "retraining" needs.

The cheap ISP's like TalkTalk and Sky are cheap for a reason.

Hope that helps you.
N/A

Important - for everyone

jrg dont you think i have tried ringing sky again and again ?!?!

basically they dont seem to care so i reported this to plusnet and apparently it isnt illegal to take up to 5 days to give you a MAC code but it is if they are being unreasonable which is basically what they are doing trying to make it as difficult as possible to cancel with them so now plusnet are able to complain to BT which is what they are doign to remove the tags on the phone line.
dbhavant

Sky Broadband...

I think you have been extremely unlucky. I migrated to Sky just before Christmas and the whole process was extremely efficient and seamless. The order was processed and my connection active in just over a week. I opted for the £10 per month option.

There was a small problem where apparently Sky had not informed PlusNet that the MAC key had been used so PlusNet carried on billing me - but with PlusNets record for efficiency and honesty who knows what the truth was there.

Admittedly the support is weak but at least they answer the phone in less than two minutes. PlusNet support is simply frustrating.

Sky is cheap and you get what you pay for (or don't pay for!) - no frills broadband.

PlusNet is not cheap but do you really get what you pay for here?

It's early days yet and things could change - but then so will I!
N/A

Important - for everyone

Sky broadband will properly suffer from over subscription, and the network and performance will suffer as a result.

But yes you get what you pay for.
N/A

Re: Sky Broadband...

PlusNet is not cheap but do you really get what you pay for here?

It's early days yet and things could change - but then so will I!

From my own and on-going experience, plusnet has not been able to provide me a working brodband connection since 2 October 2006! A dead internet connection over 3.5 months!

My personal learning about plusnet: inefficiency, cheating, laziness, rigidity, impotence and greediness.

They destroy my connection when they "upgraded" my system, but they are too weak to acknowledge it and to repair their damages.