cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Im on with my new modem.

N/A

Im on with my new modem.

I got my modem today instead of tomorrow. Only one problem. How do i setup my email using outlook express
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Im on with my new modem.

This should not be a problem?
the set up is just the same as when you had a dial up connection.

Incoming mail is mail.plus.net
Outgoing mail is relay.plus.net.

logon is your normal username and password.
N/A

Im on with my new modem.

i have done that and its working great. How do iset up another mail account for some one else.
Community Veteran

Im on with my new modem.

You need to do this via the portal Email settings over on the left and create a new mailbox.
lets say that you wanted a mailbox called fred.
After creating the mailbox you would set up another mail account in outlook express with the username+fred as the account name and of course the password that you have chosen for the fred mailbox.
N/A

Im on with my new modem.

ive done that. it wont let me recieve mail. it keeps asking for a password. also, every 10 mins or so i keep getting disconnected. it always happens when i download something. when i try and reconnect it just sais dialing and i have to log off and on again to connect.
Community Veteran

Im on with my new modem.

I think that after setting up the mailbox there is a delay while the servers update the records.
I'm not sure what length this delay is but if I recall correctly it could be up to 24 hrs. so you will need to try again tommorrow to make sure. After that it should be Ok.

Cutting off with ADSL is often caused by incorrect connection or location of the Filter / splitters have you had a look at the "Tutorials and FAQ" section of these forums? There is a tutorial that I produced there that fully explains just how your wiring should be connected for ADSL to function properly.
N/A

Im on with my new modem.

ill have a look there then. cheers mate Cheesy