Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Im not complaining

jabb0
Grafter

Im not complaining

I am just curious.

I have downloaded several stupidly massive files in recent months, and they seem to average around 200Kbps - which does the job nicely - i managed to get 150Mb in 10 minutes one time so i am happy.

Its just that i ahve seen others complain about theier speed being this that and the other, im not picking on anyone but this one dude was complaining about 300kbps (i could most definitly have picked him up wrong on that) but still i was shocked.

I am on 2mb premiere - right - so if my internet connection was given the full wellie / boot / throttle / speed ie completely maxed out what could i expect?

Then this is the bit i am not sure if i want to know (cos i am quite happy in my ignorance) what shuld it average at?

No wait cancel that question, cos i could and have seen 2 downloads at the same time both hitting near 200kbps (or was i halucinating again?)

I am also aware that my dl speed greatly depends on the server i am downloading it off. (infact very very much aware of this, some servers shouldnt be allowed to offer downloads they are so pathetic)
2 REPLIES
N/A

Im not complaining

I think you were hallucinating when you saw the two downloads both going at 200,

Your connection should max out at 240 KiloBytes per second. 2MegaBit line, so 8 bits in a byte. So when you got the 150meg file in 10 minutes, that's it maxed. Lucky you, getting decent speeds lol. Take it it was a file from a website - not p2p, torrents or newsgroups?

Best speeds i get on anything is reputable downloads from websites or dcc on irc, which to be fair do max my line, or near enough.
jabb0
Grafter

Im not complaining

nah dont go in much for p2p much anymore.
Its quite ironic really, because i was mad into it back when i had dialup - my compo was on like 24/7 just downloading.
LOL