cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISP recommendations please.

N/A

Right then, im just about to switch ISP but am unsure where to go.Probably Tiscali but any pointers are welcomed.
Decent usenet access is required and hopefully unlimited.
3 REPLIES
N/A

Erm, personal choice would bring up the word "plague tiscali like the avoid".

For an independant view of ADSL products I would look at ADSL Guide.
Community Veteran

Not just personal choice Phil, Tiscali are one of the ISP with the most complaints against them over the years. 'Barge don't pole a touch with' also comes to mind Wink

Not only that, they use datastream primarily and no migration exists to them yet from IPStream that PlusNet use, and there is even more of a problem if you want to leave Tiscali to join another ISP (which you would soon after joining).

For an alternative choice I suggest Zen or F2S or metronet.
N/A

Erm, personal choice would bring up the word "plague tiscali like the avoid".

For an independant view of ADSL products I would look at ADSL Guide.

I've been looking into switching also, and here's a comparison of PN, Tiscali, Zen, F2S and Nildram.

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/isps/compare.asp?f2s=ON&nildram=ON&plusnet=ON&tiscali=ON&zen=ON&cmp_acti...

Clearly, Zen, F2S and Nildram pee all over PN, but it's interesting to note that Tiscali has been on the way up and Plusnet heading steadily downhill over the past few months. On this basis, it won't be long before PN will have fallen behind Tiscali, an ISP that you have been recommended to avoid like the plague and not touch with a barge pole. Kind of says a lot about just how bad a decline PN has gone into. It would be interesting to know just how many customers it is haemorrhaging at the moment.