cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISDN to ADSL

Sheepdog
Grafter

ISDN to ADSL

I have ISDN and my exchange is being upgraded on 16th July (AT LAST) and was wondering if I order ADSL now will the conversion take place on 16th July or before or after that date? Also do BT advise in advance what extra costs will be incurred directly as still in twelve month first contract.

Simon
4 REPLIES
Lorian
Grafter

RE: ISDN to ADSL

> I have ISDN and my exchange is being upgraded on 16th July (AT LAST) and was wondering if I order ADSL now will the conversion take place on 16th July or before or after that date? Also do BT advise in advance what extra costs will be incurred directly as still in twelve month first contract.
>
> Simon

The only way you can get out of not paying the full 12 months ISDN is if you signup with BT Broadband (this may apply to BT openworld too but I'm not sure). Of Course you don't want to do that, but they have you by the short an curlys.

Jc
Sheepdog
Grafter

> The only way you can get out of not paying the full 12 months ISDN is if you signup with BT Broadband (this may apply to BT openworld too but I'm not sure). Of Course you don't want to do that, but they have you by the short an curlys.
>
> Jc

I know they have got me by the short and curlies, but i knew the risk when I took ISDN, just wondering how things happen during conversion. Anyone please

Simon
N/A

> I have ISDN and my exchange is being upgraded on 16th July (AT LAST) and was wondering if I order ADSL now will the conversion take place on 16th July or before or after that date? Also do BT advise in advance what extra costs will be incurred directly as still in twelve month first contract.
>
> Simon

I have just had a conversion from ISDN (well Home Highway) to ADSL. My exchange was due to be upgraded on 16 April. I placed my order with PlusNet late March, and they got a "booked" slot with BT to carry out the line conversion on 28 April. PlusNet will accept the order before the exchange upgrade date, and you will get a specific date from them for BT to carry out your line conversion. Sorry, I don't know what the charges would be for "breaking" the 12 month contract. It cost £50 for the ISDN line conversion back to POTS/ADSL.
gladman
Grafter

Re: ISDN to ADSL

I have ISDN and my exchange is being upgraded on 16th July (AT LAST) and was wondering if I order ADSL now will the conversion take place on 16th July or before or after that date? Also do BT advise in advance what extra costs will be incurred directly as still in twelve month first contract.

Simon

I have just had this ocnversion done and it went very well.

Our exchange was enabled on 30th April and I had an appointment for ISDN to ADSl conversion on 12th May. I was told that BT usually add about 10 days to the exchange enable date before they start ISDN conversions.

BT had completed the conversion by 0930 on 12th May and I was able to run broadband off the BT test site immediately. It was frustrating waiting for the connection to PlusNet to be set up but this was achieved just over 11 hours after the line went active.

Brian Gladman