cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IRC

N/A

IRC

Im having problems connecting to most IRC channel on a P2P network. About 4 channels let me enter and 100 wont. It was fine with my 56k and I upgraded to ADSl and found many channels I cannot enter. My firewall configeration is the same and P2P configeration is the same and I have tried different forums and still no luck. Is there a setting on my modem that may be stopping this as I have tried everything else. Anyones help would be appreciated. Thanks.

:arrow: *²°ThE_Be®gS°³*501
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

IRC

What message do you get, something with +b or +i in the message?

If +b you or your IP range is banned
If +i it's invite only
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

IRC

There is no message reply.
you just click on the "join channel" after selecting the channel you wish to enter and wait. Some let you in, most dont. I have not been band from the channel as I know the some of the channel hosts and non are invite only.
I have disabled my anti virus and firewall, changed my log in name and relogged in, reinstalled p2p program, reinstalled anti virus and firewall, messed with aal possible settings on p2p program and stil no joy. The only setings I have not messed with is my ADSL modem configeration.

N/A

IRC

Ah, so this isn't real IRC? It's just a chat function built into the P2P aplication?

In which case, your best bet is to contact the authors of the program, to see if they can shed any light.
N/A

IRC

If there is nothing wrong with my modem settings then thats another thing eliminated.
Thanks for your help!

ps In the plusnet forums, all the comments I have read show people with problems and Id like to put a bit of sunlight into the situation and say that I am very happy with service I have recieved scince upgrading to ADSL.

TTFN Smiley
Couger
Grafter

IRC

Cheesy Another Happy Plusnet customer

[Moderators note (by Thomas): Nice to know you're happy... but please, less of the smileys!]