cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IRC Servers *ADDICTZ*

N/A

IRC Servers *ADDICTZ*

i cannot connect to the irc server "irc.addictz.net"
this has been happening for a month now, NE advice? apart from asking CUST Suppourt as they are on half term break from their schools Wink just kidding
7 REPLIES
N/A

RE: IRC Servers *ADDICTZ*

> i cannot connect to the irc server "irc.addictz.net"
> this has been happening for a month now, NE advice? apart from asking CUST Suppourt as they are on half term break from their schools Wink just kidding

Are you connected through a NAT or firewall if so check that the ident port (113) is open.
N/A

What error are you getting? There has been a lot of DOS attacks on IRC Dalnet has been brought to its knees so this may account for it.

As suggested ensure you have indent enabled

> i cannot connect to the irc server "irc.addictz.net"
> this has been happening for a month now, NE advice? apart from asking CUST Suppourt as they are on half term break from their schools Wink just kidding

N/A

don't worry i think that the wonderful people @ +net have fixed it. i can connect.

--
......................./??/
....................,/?../
.................../..../
............./??/'...'/Huh`??
........../'/.../..../......./??
........('(...?...?.... ?~/'...')
..........................'...../
..........''............. _.??
..........................(
NE & 3VRY 1 :naughty:
N/A

> don't worry i think that the wonderful people @ +net have fixed it. i can connect.

I really, truly, don't understand how this could be anything to do with a problem on our network - Did you run a traceroute to the site while it was down?

Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Customer Support
N/A

It suddenly stopped working for me too, i didnt bother running a tracerouter though.

The server was online though and i can connect to it again now, havent changed any port settings, ident is always open so must have been a problem somewhere on plusnet network.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

> It suddenly stopped working for me too, i didnt bother running a tracerouter though.
>
> The server was online though and i can connect to it again now, havent changed any port settings, ident is always open so must have been a problem somewhere on plusnet network.
>

Or just plain & simple the IRC server had a problem, my own server does usually when getting DoS'ed

--
ADSL @ 288/576 Self Install
IRC.UTCHAT.COM
Usually in #utgames #UT2003chat
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

hmm just tried it nothing special there just your run of the mill warez and pron server, usually full hence connection problems
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017