Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP Profile still down after 5 days

Aterlatus
Grafter

(and gals)

Could you please give ticket 22099917 a nudge and get things moving? Been 5 days waiting on this IP Profile bump already so the sooner we can get it passed off to BT and get something done the better.

Thanks,

Steve
16 REPLIES
chrisc
Grafter

Its showing from this end that the bRAS profile was changed to 500 yesterday morning so it will take 72 hours of syncing at a higher rate for the profile to be increased.

Disconnect and reconnect a few times over the weekend to force the update and you should see the profile increased. BT won't do anything at the moment as the bRAS only updated yesterday.
Aterlatus
Grafter

Thanks for the speedy reply Smiley

I'm not referring to the BRAS profile Chris (your end), I'm referring to the IP Profile which is still stuck at 250kbps as per the BT speedtester, and has been stuck down there since Monday.

Reconnected countless times in the last week and it's still dragging Sad
chrisc
Grafter

What speed are you currently syncing at according to the BT speedtester?
Aterlatus
Grafter

BT fault tester is dead atm (it's early evening, never works around now and rarely works any other time :S) but I'm synced at 4352000.

The IP Profile is reported as 250kbps by the speed checker, up from 135kbps earlier in the week (it went up to 250 around late Tuesday). Complete nightmare - I can't do anything beyond simple browsing :S

UPDATE: Humoring the speedtester and trying to get through now. If I get a report I'll pop it in here and the ticket for reference Smiley
Aterlatus
Grafter

A-HA! I got the little swine! Cheesy

Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test: -provides background information.
IP profile for your line is - 250 kbps
DSL connection rate: 448 kbps(UP-STREAM) 4352 kbps(DOWN-STREAM)
Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 219 kbps

If you wish to discuss these results please contact your ISP.

If you are experiencing problems with specific applications, servers or websites please contact your ISP for assistance.

Your test has completed please close this window to exit the performance tester.
Aterlatus
Grafter

I take it this means the comms peeps have gone home for the day? A full weekend of unuseable speeds ahead then I suppose. This is really crippling me Sad
chrisc
Grafter

@stesherlock

I'm in all day today so I'll get this looked at again for you.

Sorry for the delay on this.
Aterlatus
Grafter

No problem Chris, thanks for taking it on.

Ran another speed test this morning (after disconnect/reconnect obviously /grin) and it's still down at 250k.
chrisc
Grafter

This is getting escalated to BT now for you - Can't guarantee how quickly we will get a reply from them but they will definitely be looking at it.
Aterlatus
Grafter

Thanks muchly Chris. Just hope their engineers aren't taking a long weekend ;p
Aterlatus
Grafter

OK, IP Profile has just come back up. Don't know if it was pure luck or something was kicked at BTs end but it's 2500kbps now Cheesy

My BRAS is still stuck at 500 though, as per https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed. Any chance you could give this a kick please so I don't have to wait another three days for it to get up to speed?

Thanks for all the help,

A far happier and faster Steve Smiley
chrisc
Grafter

I've just changed the profile at this end for you now - Try a quick reboot and your speed should increase Cheesy
Aterlatus
Grafter

Words cannot express the freedom I now feel ;p

Thanks for all your help Chris, and of coruse the rest of the CSC and Comms Team. You've been great throughout this ordeal and I've learnt a good deal along the way about how BTs sytems work.

Now I've just gotta bug BT to sort out this buzz on my line so I can get my sync speeds a bit higher... last fault I had a visiting engineer told me my line could actually handle the full 8MB Shocked

You guys got a "Christmas Party" fund that can be donated to? :p
chrisc
Grafter

No problem - Glad to see that its done the trick!! Cheesy

I'll pass your comments onto the rest of the guys involed in getting this sorted for you too.