cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want a WIRED modem/router - Which one

dino

I'm in the process of buying a new computer and want to access the Internet on both my computers via my PlusNet account.

I am aware that my BT Voyager 105 will have to be replaced. I want a WIRED modem/router as I intend networking them via a Home Plug system

Any advice welcome
5 REPLIES
BoneMan
Grafter

Hi,
Consider the Netgear DG834 (currently V3). Bought and installed mine in an emergency (my previous one had got fried by lightning :shock: ) one Sunday lunch time. It was as easy to install and configure as falling off a log Smiley . It has been as good as gold ever since then to the point I forget it's there Wink . Does exactly what it says on the tin Wink

Regards,

Ray
dino

Thanks Ray....for the info and prompt reply
lingbob
Grafter

I can also recommend the Netgear DG834. I've been using one for quite some time and I've found it to be very reliable and I hardly ever have to touch it. It also copes with low SNR figures extremely well.
N/A

I would also recommend a Linksys AG241V2. An excellent 4 Port Routers. Also with it being 4-port you can have 2 PC's and a XBOX 360 like i have and still have one spare Ethernet slot left. Never had a problem with it, works perfect. Even on PlusNet lol Wink
Community Veteran

Another vote for the DG834, I have used both wired and wireless for several years and apart from a few issues with the firmware (now fixed) it has been very reliable and does what it says on the tin!