cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I think Plus.Net should complain to OFTEL - see ticket 48116

N/A

I think Plus.Net should complain to OFTEL - see ticket 48116

I know that I haven't been waiting as long as other customers, such as Andrew Perry who waited a month for BT to add capacity to his exchange.

However, is this any way for BT to treat customers, even indirect ones such as ourselves? BT gets away with an awful lot, despite regulation.

I think that we ought to do what we can to make them improve their practices. When it takes them 2 weeks to realise that they need to add capacity to a "popular exchange" I can only think that the management is at fault here. This blows 7-10 working days out of the water.

If BT wants to see its profits and share price rise, then it ought to pull its finger out when it comes to providing a service, since BT is after all a services company.

As a shareholder myself, I am not impressed. Sure the price drop for ADSL was welcome, because pricing it at £40 per month was just stupid, but they need to do more to even be half-decent.

They are supposed to be experts in communication, this is what they do. Yet they seem to be incompetent.

How much better is it than 20 years ago?
3 REPLIES
fonejacker
Grafter

RE: I think Plus.Net should complain to OFTEL - see ticket 4

Simon,

See my reply to your last post - I think you are being a tad unfair!

ADSL is not a simple thing, there are a lot of different people and technologies involved in every ADSL connection. BT are not performing as well as we would hope for in some areas, but they are taking measures to address this and we are generally very satisfied with the relationship between us and them.

Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Customer Support
N/A

> See my reply to your last post - I think you are being a tad unfair!

That maybe so, but I've had enough experience of BT over the years to feel somewhat justified in my outrage - I didn't get the free ADSL trial from BT that I was absolutely promised, because they never checked their voicemail that they set up exclusively for ADSL registration!

I know that a lot of people at these outfits do try their absolute best to get things done, but from what I've seen it's usually the people at the bottom of the heap, and their hands are tied by management.

I saw that my exchange is in the process of being upgraded; would this have happened as quickly as it has done (tongue firmly in cheek) if I had not called and posted tickets on numerous occasions?

I am very grateful to you guys at Plus.net for sorting it all out, but we'll have to wait and see til tomorrow if everything is up and running. Proof of the pudding and all that...

I realise I may have unnecessarily raised my profile with BT or with Plus.net, but I beleive that someone has to really make an issue of things before big companies take any notice - how many times has it taken a public flogging on Watchdog to make a company do what it was supposed to do? It shouldn't have to be this way.

I try to remind these big firms of the customer's aspect of the situation. We don't actually care if the delivery driver's dog died and that's why something didn't happen, we pay for service. That's why I get heated up, because this whole country sometimes looks like one big protection racket.

But I digress. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that tomorrow will bring a conclusion to this period of frustration.
N/A

> > See my reply to your last post - I think you are being a tad unfair!
>
> That maybe so, but I've had enough experience of BT over the years to feel somewhat justified in my outrage - I didn't get the free ADSL trial from BT that I was absolutely promised, because they never checked their voicemail that they set up exclusively for ADSL registration!
>
> I know that a lot of people at these outfits do try their absolute best to get things done, but from what I've seen it's usually the people at the bottom of the heap, and their hands are tied by management.
>
> I saw that my exchange is in the process of being upgraded; would this have happened as quickly as it has done (tongue firmly in cheek) if I had not called and posted tickets on numerous occasions?
>
> I am very grateful to you guys at Plus.net for sorting it all out, but we'll have to wait and see til tomorrow if everything is up and running. Proof of the pudding and all that...
>
> I realise I may have unnecessarily raised my profile with BT or with Plus.net, but I beleive that someone has to really make an issue of things before big companies take any notice - how many times has it taken a public flogging on Watchdog to make a company do what it was supposed to do? It shouldn't have to be this way.
>
> I try to remind these big firms of the customer's aspect of the situation. We don't actually care if the delivery driver's dog died and that's why something didn't happen, we pay for service. That's why I get heated up, because this whole country sometimes looks like one big protection racket.
>
> But I digress. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that tomorrow will bring a conclusion to this period of frustration.

I have sent an email to my local MP complaining about the poor service offered by British Telecom.