cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm on Premier Option 1 - so why am I limited to 10GB peak ?

N/A

Accoriding to PN webpages, I shouldn't get a warning of usage until I hit 24MB Peak, but I seem to get one for 8GB? Sad

Of course it's impossible to 'talk' to anyone about this, every option I;ve tried ends up with metal mickey.

Shame, PN used to be excellent at customer support - I guess it's that they've been too sucessful, they don't want to talk to their loyal customers who've been with them for years.

I'm not trying to be stroppy, I'm just damn fed up with only being able to use the on-line assitance, and if that doesn't have an answer - then phoning is pointless (there is never an option you need).
:twisted:
2 REPLIES
Alecto
Grafter

Hi
On Option 1, the limit is 15GB peak time - see here, but throttling (or "shaping") comes in progressively after 10GB.

They kindly send you a warning after 8GB so you don't accidentally go into the shaped bit.

You can use up to 100GB in total though, if most of it is off-peak.
N/A

Thanks for that. It does help.

It seems that after 10GB they start to throttle you back on connection speed.
Interesting if you read the following though?

Residential Broadband - sustainable peak-time usage
Product Warning email sent Restrictions applied
Premier Option 1 24GB 30GB

So I'm still slightly curious as to where the 10GB comes from.

Doesn't matter - at least I know. Glad you're there - as I still can't get through to a human being on the support line. Gone are the days when you could get a sensible answer from their support line. - Shame they were excellent.
Cheers for the answer.
R Smiley