cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm getting really slow speeds...

N/A

I'm on the 2MB Lite package and recently (about a month or so) I've been getting slow speeds. I did the speed test and I'm getting only at 3/4, sometimes half, of what I'm supposed to be getting.

Anyone living in the Poplar area having the same problem?
10 REPLIES
N/A

i am also getting really slow speeds for about a month now (except im on 1Meg and in stafforshire). Ive been waiting to see if it would clear its self up. I did the BT speed test and the results were at the lower end of the 250kbps end user speed. Some days the connection fails to load simple html files. and (as far as i know) there is nothing else using the connection.
N/A

I recently moved to Old Woking and was quite excited at the prospect of using my new 2Mbps connection. Unfortunately its worse than the 512 Kbps connection I had before I moved. Whether this is temporary I don't know. Its a bit depressing having pages take 30seconds to load. Thinking of raising a ticket.
N/A

I'm still waiting for the auto-upgrade to 2mb, i'm on the 512 home premier account and over the last month my connection speeds have been all over the place. The lowest i've had so far is220 which is really taking the piss since i'm paying as much as a new customer and yet am still stuck on the poxy 512.
If this carries on (30-40 seconds to load a page) i'm afraid i'm going to look elsewhere when my contract comes to an end in July. After all, what's the point in waiting for months to get a 2mb connection only to have the same problems with speed loss as you guys are getting and no response from support.
I think it's possible that plusnet have bitten off more than they can chew with this 30:1 contention ratio.....Either that or there's some real bandwidth hogs in my area who are signed up with plusnet, either way it's got to be sorted so that everyone has a good level of service.
Frankly i don't know why they abandoned the fair usage policy. Because people complained? My answer to them is "GO OUT AND BUY THE DAMN FILM/GAME! THAT'S WHAT THE REST OF THE WORLD DOES!
N/A

I had slow speeds for about 2-3 months, it was due to work being carried out at my exchange. The VP's status red. Check the status of your exchange at http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/? If the VP's are shown red then that is the problem. Nothing PN can do about it.

Regards

Steve
N/A

my exchange is listed as OK and working, but over the last month ive been getting 512 speeds when im on 1meg. But actually this morning my speed is about average for 1Meg at about 100kbps
N/A

Tottaly Unacceptable

I too have been on a 1MB service for the last 6 months with average speed up near 960KB as per the Plusnet speed test. Recently my connection resembles a 512K one with speeds never exceeding 480K.

Ran all the speed tests available and still never get above 480K. Even though Plusnet had provided a wonderful 1MB service to me they now seem to want nothing to do with sorting out why I now only get < 512K.

They say ' Bt state that for a 1mb server between 200 - 1000kbps is acceptable. If we raised a fault they would simply decline it.'

Can anyone explain why so many of us seem to be having this problem

Thanks
Mark
N/A

Lots of new 2Mb connections and BT not providing enough bandwidth at the exchanges to cope with them all. hence the 50:1 contention kicking in and slowing you down :twisted:
N/A

If this carries on (30-40 seconds to load a page) i'm afraid i'm going to look elsewhere when my contract comes to an end in July.

Whoever you goto it will make no difference at all.. its at the exchange which is the problem!
N/A

I have done:

• Virus Scan
  • Spyware Scan (somehow i dont think spyware was gonna take up 90% of my bandwidth)
  • Reinstall Drivers
  • Scan Disk
  • Defragment
  • 3 BT SpeedTests
  • Numerous Plusnet SpeedTests

And now they want me to get up before 7am (yes 7am) to do 4 (yes four) more BT speedtests. Im crawling on a 1meg connection with downloads at about 10kb per second. I feel as if im on dial up!
N/A

i'm gettin really slow speeds too since i joined a month a go. this really s*cks