cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I like to move it, move it...

N/A

I was wondering, will the fact that I have been LLU'd to Tiscali have any implications if I were to move ISP to say, Sky Broadband?
5 REPLIES
N/A

Someone correct me, but I believe Sky accept LLU Macs so there shouldn't be any issues.
N/A

I have to admit that I thought sky did NOT accept LLU macs, in which case the only option if you wanted to move to sky would be a cease and re-provide entailing approximately 7 days downtime. This is unless sky have changed their policy in the last few days?

I understood that the only suppliers (other than Plusnet) accepting LLU macs were Zen, IDnet, Madasafish, Aquiss and a couple of others. The advantage of transfering ISP via LLU mac is that it results in only an hour of two of downtime.

Hope this helps

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Full quote of preceding post removed as per the Link:rules
N/A

I think you might be right.

But Im sure I read it somewhere. Maybe I just read that Sky was on LLU rather than trialing LLU Mac's.

Who knows... :lol:
N/A

I don't really get how it works... I have to cancel my Plusnet account, wait a week, then apply to Sky?

I have very limited technical understanding of how any of this works, so bear with me, haha.
N/A

LLU is still in its early days of trialing as its still a relitivly new broadband tech.

Which means switching suppliers isn't as easy as if you where on IPstream with BT (which has very little downtime, hours at most.)

And as with anything new, its usually crap.