cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I keep having to reconnect

N/A

Hi im using a netgear router DG834 when I first got it I lost connection if I stoped using anything internet related after 5 mins, I updated the software and it was fine there after.That was sometime ago now and for the last 2 months the problem has returned theres 4 different versions of the software and none of them fix my problem any help would be great thanks Cheesy
4 REPLIES
N/A

Also i'm trying to download a demo from nvidia which fails after 5 mins...when I play BF2 I have no problems at all thanks :?
N/A

Uh-oh...how old is the router? And have you got login timeout set in the router after no supposed activity on the line, or is it set to zero so it never disconnects?
N/A

Yeah, I would check "Basic Settings -> Idle Timeout (In Minutes)" = 0 in your configuration windows for a DG834.

I have not yet got able to test mine on plus yet still waiting on the migration but I know from experience that the DG834 is a nice router works well here.
Community Veteran

there was a dodgy batch at one point and I think some firmwares were causing problems also there was a problem with the DG834 disconnecting randomly due to the PN servers not respoding to the routers requests quick enough