cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have 2mb premier, does that mean there is no gb limit?

N/A

?Huh
7 REPLIES
N/A

Yes.

And No.
Community Veteran

To clarify the above post.

At the present moment there is no limit on how you use your connection.
However it is expected that you will make "fair" use of it which means that what you do has no detrimental effect on other users.

In reality this means that if your were to download 24/7 at full tilt you would exeed in excess of 140gB every month and this would impact other users.

See the anouncement and debate that is going on in the feedback forum.
N/A

Note made in my diary: "Can download 4.5GB a day"
N/A

Yes.

And No.

According to Ian Wild you can also download between 1am and 8am without impacting other users.
N/A

whats with the large spaces in the posts?
Community Veteran

The 1am -> 8am period has only been mentioned as part of the fair usage proposals and is not actually implemented yet. All times are treated the same at the moment and there are no restrictions or caps in place on what you can download at the moment.
N/A

recently people on the 2mb premier lines were put on a managed platform because they (and me) were told we download too much, the platform resulted in extremely slow download speeds for those moved, the only way we were allowed back on the normal pipe was to agree to keep our monthly download under 100gb i tried to get them to admit it was a cap but they said it wasnt, its just a guideline i then asked if we would be ever put back on the managed pipe and i was told No so there you have it you are told to try and keep it at 100gb.