cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I hae just formated my computer 3 times

N/A

I hae just formated my computer 3 times

i have just formated my computer three time and then i find out it isnt my fault

wow wee i have just looked at plusnets service status and found it broken

very broken indeed i am very upset and feel i wish i could change to a differnt company as many more comapnys are stating to take diect debit

it is only time now PLUSNET until i find a way of canceling my 12 month contract with you
i will be happier if only you would tell us be email as we the paying customers only deserve to be told when you want to do whatever you do when our server which is payied for is turned off

maybe this is a matter for OFTEL

chrisSmiley
other wise the serive is great very fast indeed and i do love your service but help us and maybe we will get along better
10 REPLIES
N/A

RE: I hae just formated my computer 3 times

Chill out man !

Computer equipment fails from time to time - when it does then you loose connections. Any ISP will have the same problem. The up time on plus.net ADSL in my experience has been really good. The support teams are excellent - I had a problem with a bad DNS entry some time ago and they resolved it in a couple of days.

Not sure why you re-formatted your system 3 times the connection status on the ADSL link will let you know there is a fault at the other end. As a matter for OFTEL - I would suggest "Windows for dummies" might be better (or whatever system you use).
N/A

you cheeky *****

haveing a diploma in computer science i think i might have a little idea on what i am talking about

if you also look at the service i think you might see it is plusnet fault

also haveing a server i need 100% reliablility

plusnet canot provide this to me unfortanatly i will have to look elseweres

elton
Grafter

> you cheeky *****
>
> haveing a diploma in computer science i think i might have a little idea on what i am talking about
>
> if you also look at the service i think you might see it is plusnet fault
>
> also haveing a server i need 100% reliablility
>
> plusnet canot provide this to me unfortanatly i will have to look elseweres
>
What kind of diploma is that you have, where you'd think that formatting your computer (I assume you mean your primary hard drive) would fix a networking problem?

--
Skonko!
N/A

Heh, maybe a chill pill is in order? Failing that a dictionary...

fyi, there is no way any company will give you 100% reliability. I work for a hosting company and we have 3(!) leased lines to provide route diversity and have what the marketing people like to call n+2 redundancy on all our main systems, we still only guarantee a 99.5 percent uptime, saying 100% is commercial suicide. Even with all this we have had one outage of 1/4 of an hour due to some nice people digging up some cables outside and our backup system not kicking in correctly…

Anyway, my point is.. What do you expect for under £25 a month? Its kind of frustrating I know but you get what you pay for. I know that Im getting a 512k connection for a tiny fraction of the price that a leased line would cost me, even then these things happen. Get used to it.

Peace out dude

Matt
N/A

thanks matt glad to see some good advice for a change plus net has started to work for me again i am currently looking at cable as the little grid is outside my house and i have been told i can get blueyonder
also i think blue yonder have a 1mb package for an extra £10

Smiley

the chill pill worked Smiley
N/A

Chris

Glad you've had that "chill out" pill & finally got connected again. I had a similar problems but surely that doesn't mean you need to "format your drive" which to me is a last resort. Although i've worked for a short while in IT (desktop support) i don't have a Degree in Computer Science, so maybe practical experience is better than a piece of paper?Huh
N/A

I used to think that formatting the hard drive would fix a problem, an is some cases yes, usally when windows has been installed for 6months to a year and it decides to mess up some registry settings and crawl like anything, until i found tweaking tools, that was like when i was 13, now im 15 hehehe
espresso_mick
Grafter

Quote: "i have just formated my computer three time and then i find out it isnt my fault"

LOL ....that's funny.

The Windows for Dummies remark....even funnier.

elton
Grafter

> Chris
>
> Glad you've had that "chill out" pill & finally got connected again. I had a similar problems but surely that doesn't mean you need to "format your drive" which to me is a last resort. Although i've worked for a short while in IT (desktop support) i don't have a Degree in Computer Science, so maybe practical experience is better than a piece of paper??

Colin,
I've got a degree in computer science (BSc (Hons.) Computer Science), which is why I asked him what kind of a "diploma" he has. Practical experience of fitting a 13 Amp plug is probably more useful than a degree in fitting 13 Amp plugs, but practical experience of personal computers is not a substitute for a degree in computer science. I don't believe he's got any qualification in "computer science". If he had, he wouldn't have formatted his hard drive, and he would have answered my question. What kind of a "diploma" do you have Christian?
--
Skonko!
N/A

Skonko

My mistake...maybe i've had one too many "chill pills" Even with a Diploma, i'm sure the issue wouldn't point to formatting.

UTG