cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't want usage limit

N/A

I don't want usage limit

Remove my usage limit i don't want why sky broadband and others providers don't have usage limit.

I need more gygabytes

[Moderator's note by Jonathan (chillypenguin): Drop case on all CAPS post, please do not post in all CAPS as it is considered as shouting.]
17 REPLIES
James
Grafter

I don't want usage limit

Have you thought about upgrading your package to Premier Option 2?
N/A

I don't want usage limit

Removing the usage limit altogether cannot be done without making the company go bust- bandwidth usage is increasing much faster than costs are falling- every ISP either has "Fair Usage Policies" or is thinking about introducing them.

If you download overnight then this won't count again your limit so all you need to do is schedule your downloads between 0000-1600hrs, or upgrade to Premier Option 2 as James states.
Liam
Grafter

I don't want usage limit

^ What he said ^ :-)

Sky Broadband is certainly not unlimited. They instead have a woolly "Fair Usage Policy" hidden in lots of small print. The product they're selling is simply not sustainable.

We've decided that we don't want to lie on our product pages. So, we're doing everything we can to make them as accurate as possible and this will be clear when we launch the new products - more than ever.

For this reason, we actually publish allowances and guidelines - and are quite open about the management of our network.
The_10th
Grafter

I don't want usage limit

^ What he said ^ :-)

... this will be clear when we launch the new products - more than ever.

When will this product refresh be exactly?
Community Veteran

I don't want usage limit

Middle of this month, some time after 11th I believe although it may be later.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 6

Re: I don't want usage limit

Remove my usage limit i don't want why sky broadband and others providers don't have usage limit.

I need more gygabytes

Rather selfish isn't it? - The rest of us have this limit.. Why should you have unlimited? - What makes you special?
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

I don't want usage limit

I think you have to use downloads wisely. I didnt fully understand and got quite annoyed at being restricted but it is quite simple just download any large files at night or in the morning when you are not restricted and keep away at peak times its no great problem if you understand the usage problems faced by ISP's with everyone downloading large files at the same time no ISP could cope with that..........
Alphakk1
Grafter

I don't want usage limit

Sky is capped to 40gb, don't know if they have peak limitation though or if they throttle downloads on p2p like Tiscali.
James
Grafter

I don't want usage limit

http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/network/blueprint.shtml#4

The above shows how we pay for our Broadband Services and exact why we are forced to place usage limitations on our products.
N/A

I don't want usage limit

ha bastards before 1 year limit was UNLIMITED i hate plusnet
James
Grafter

I don't want usage limit

Our Products were only advertised as unlimited for an extremely short period of time almost 2 years ago.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 6

I don't want usage limit

In that case, you should still be honouring that agreement with the customer. If you offered unlimited then you can't really wait until you have that person as a customer and hen move the goalposts.

The thread starter never specified that he signed up to unlimited BB when he started this thread. Now I feel bad for slating him.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
James
Grafter

I don't want usage limit

I'm fairly certain that we were not advertising an unlimited service at the point that the OP signed up.
N/A

I don't want usage limit

What the OP signed up to, is largely irrelevant.

What I signed up to was something very different to what I get today.

Broadband products change frequently, and very often the deal can change to something which doesn't suit a particular person.

Its for this reason that OFCOM are very keen to ensure that people can change from one supplier to another with relative ease.

People will no doubt hold up deferred charges as a barrier to leaving - its not a theory I can agree with, but thats a debate thats been expanded multiple times in many threads in the past.
PN have also taken steps to further increase the value of the deal to customers too, a step which could be argued from many viewpoints too, and again has been expansively discussed in other threads.

As has been said many times in the past, if PN's products don't match your requirements, its time to move on to somebody who does.