cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cant connect!

N/A

I cant connect!

I was glad to have recieved my starter pack within 7 days of signing up. So i open up my box and find my internal modem, which i installed into the computer. I use the quick start guide to set up my computer. I'm thinking this is great i'm going to be connected in no time. Enter my user name/password, click on connect and............'Disconnecting'. What! I try gain checking everything is entered right. But still it says 'Disconnecting'. Oh yeah im using the filters too. I thought the problem was that im using a extension line(would that be a problem?), so i connected my modem directly into the filter, but still the same problem. I dont know what is wrong. Please someone help!
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: I cant connect!

I just wanted to elaborate on the extension line thing. If i conect a filter into the master socket, then run and extension line from the phone socket of that filter to my room and connect a filter into the extension then connect my modem into that filter, it wouldnt work would it? Although i have tried just connecting my modem into the filter of the master socket as well. But they both dont work.
N/A

Been here , bought the T-Shirt!
Some suggestions:

(1) Move the PC to the main BT connection point and plug in the modem ONLY. Do you get ADSL connection?
Do NOT use the Filter. (So now your only connection is the ADSL line and you are 'phoneless').

(2) Next put the filter in and check ADSL connection again. (stop the connection and then try to restart).

(3) Plug in the phone (using the microfilter).
Still ADSL connected ? - phone works ?

(4) If you've got cheap and nasty extension leads
throw them away - they're crap.

(5) Ok, at least try using extension cable (then throw it away).

(6) Go to Staples and buy Belkin brand 24k extension leads. They're great! (but £14 for 30 feet).

(7) Try again using the Belkin cable,with no filter at first then add a filter and then the phone.

(Cool I'm at this point myself !!!!

Steve
N/A

> Been here , bought the T-Shirt!
> Some suggestions:
>
> (1) Move the PC to the main BT connection point and plug in the modem ONLY. Do you get ADSL connection?
> Do NOT use the Filter. (So now your only connection is the ADSL line and you are 'phoneless').

Huh? It is not possible for me to connect the modem directly into main socket because only phone lines can fit into it, the modem has a different shape than the phone ones( i.e modem is square , phone rectangle). So i dont see how you accomplished that.
N/A

> Huh? It is not possible for me to connect the modem directly into main socket because only phone lines can fit into it, the modem has a different shape than the phone ones( i.e modem is square , phone rectangle). So i dont see how you accomplished that.

Try the lead from your analog modem, that is if you had one before going to broadband.