cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't get on

N/A

I can't get on

basically plus.net sent me an email and apperently my line has been activated - however! no adsl light can be seen on the router and many attempts in different phone sockets has come up with no results, its just not working and not detecting the dsl on my line - ERRR HELP!!! seeing as ive already payd and im apperently now already meant to be using this service this is annoying me greatly if anyone could offer any advice as to why this is happening or how to fix it would be much appriciated

regards.

Moderators note by John (johnessex) All capitals title made lower case. Please dont post in all caps as its cosidered rude or SHOUTING.
8 REPLIES
N/A

I can't get on

Have you tried from the test socket behind the master sockets faceplate?
N/A

I can't get on

no i havnt i took off the backplate on my router tho and thers no "test socket"
N/A

I can't get on

sounds like you probably have bodged internal wiring. What I meant was your BT master socket should have a removable lower faceplate which you can take off. Behind it is a test socket which will bypass your wiring... try plugging the router into that
N/A

I can't get on

no there is no test sockey behind that either.... but surely my stuff would work without the need 4 a test socket.....?
N/A

I can't get on

surely my stuff would work without the need 4 a test socket.....?

You seem to be experiencing what most first-timers on ADSL seem to get, that is inheriting bad internal wiring from years of abuse. The fact that your ADSL has been confirmed active by plusnet would mean just that - you need to find where your phoneline enters the house and the first point (ie, socket) it comes to. If you dont have a "master" socket but instead some older stuff this makes the situation a bit more difficult, in which case I have no doubt there will be others to help.
N/A

I can't get on

thanks for your help so far, hopefully the solution will present itself soon.
N/A

I can't get on

Can you tell us more about the router, what is it, and how are you connecting it to the line.
N/A

I can't get on

im using a netgear 4 port router w/ adsl modem, firewall 10/100 lan im connecting it up using the wires given with the router and the microfilter in2 my phone line. but its not reconising the dsl as active... Sad