cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can connect! But this is how.........

N/A

I can connect! But this is how.........

I managed to connect to the internet with ADSL. But the thing is that it was all by accident. The quick setup guide that came with my internal modem, told me to set the 'Modulation: G.dmt'. Now I could never connect with this after so many tries. I got fed up and started messing around with the configuration and set the 'Modulation: ANSI T1.413 i2', but doing this changes the 'ADSL Head End to Texas Instruments instead of Alcatel Network Systems Inc.' But the thing is it connects, I'm on the internet. What is the reason for this, I dont want to continue using the internet with these settings as i think I'm doing something illegal. Please tell me what I should do.
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: I can connect! But this is how.........

What is the reason for this, I dont want to continue using the internet with these settings as i think I'm doing something illegal. Please tell me what I should do.

Try the this link for internal ADSL modem settings & drivers.

http://www.themad-house.co.uk/

N/A

Hi Iv'e had the exact same problem. Ihad to use the same settings as you have. Now I can connect straight away. As for doing somthing illeagal just chill-out. PlusNet is still the ISP that provides your connection.
I discovered these settings from this forum

N/A

> I noticed that too.

I bought the starter pack with the Conexant USB modem - the instructions say to use Alcatel but the modem reverts automatically to Texas Instruments (PLUSNET PLEASE NOTE!)however many times you press 'apply' - annoying isn't it.

What's right ? - I guess whatever lets you connect !
N/A

> I managed to connect to the internet with ADSL. But the thing is that it was all by accident. The quick setup guide that came with my internal modem, told me to set the 'Modulation: G.dmt'. Now I could never connect with this after so many tries. I got fed up and started messing around with the configuration and set the 'Modulation: ANSI T1.413 i2', but doing this changes the 'ADSL Head End to Texas Instruments instead of Alcatel Network Systems Inc.' But the thing is it connects, I'm on the internet. What is the reason for this, I dont want to continue using the internet with these settings as i think I'm doing something illegal. Please tell me what I should do.

Thank m8 I have been pulling my hair out trying to connect. Your way worked first time....you should get a job in customer support Cheesy

--