cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am upgrading to ADSL how long did yours take to be up and

N/A

I am upgrading to ADSL how long did yours take to be up and

Hi Guys, I have just signed to upgrade to adsl and they say that it should take 7 - 10 days to get me up and running, What's the shotest and longest it has taken for you to get connected from the initial sign up.

And did you get any problems.

And are you happy with the service.

Looking foward to your comments.

Julian
12 REPLIES
N/A

RE: I am upgrading to ADSL how long did yours take to be up

> Hi Guys, I have just signed to upgrade to adsl and they say that it should take 7 - 10 days to get me up and running, What's the shotest and longest it has taken for you to get connected from the initial sign up.
>
> And did you get any problems.
>
> And are you happy with the service.
>
>
>
> Looking foward to your comments.
>
>
> Julian

N/A

Took 11 days before I was up and running. I have had some problems. I've been happy with the speeds
for the last 6-9 weeks. I've been happy on the whole with the value-add such as the portal. I've been unhappy with customer support. That about sums it up. If you're with pn for dialup then I'd say they should be a good choice for you for adsl. Good luck!

N/A

I had to wait for them to convert my line from Home Highway and I can say it was an utter nightmare.
I explained I needed my net connect for assignments at Uni and so could they confirm my downtime between converting my line over and me being up and running (with ADSL not a modem). I was told it would be an hour.
Anyway to cut a long story short, I was charged my connection fee on 22nd Nov and eventually got my line converted on 16th Dec.
What they had forgotten to tell me was that my router would not be despatched until my line was confirmed ADSL suitable - this didnt happen until 17th Dec. I eventually received my router on 20th December.
I had LOADS and LOADS of broken promises from customer services, once they had my money they were really really unhelpful and if I hadnt so desperately wanted it up in time for xmas I would have told them to stick it and gone with someone else.
From a customer service point of view I wouldnt recommend them to anyone. And from the way the connection has been lately I wouldnt from a speed point of view either Sad
Oh and I bought my hardware from them as I'm very non techie and wanted the support - well their tech support seem to be pretty hopeless too and know nothing about their hardware Sad(
N/A

> I had to wait for them to convert my line from Home Highway and I can say it was an utter nightmare.

That can take a bit longer. Its a BT thing as I undertsand.

> Anyway to cut a long story short, I was charged my connection fee on 22nd Nov and eventually got 17th Dec. I eventually received my router on 20th December.

Hmm, that one is a shocker. I'm sorry to hear it. Well, I too found out about the kit being processed after line activation. The info I was getting from pn was indicating that it would be at least a calendar week before the kit was delivered. You can imagine I was a bit mad about that; but in fact it arrived much earlier than expected. We could compare this with dslsource. They let you buy before activation and, is you cant get activated, thet refund. It seems to be a more customer focussed approach.
N/A

> Hi Guys, I have just signed to upgrade to adsl and they say that it should take 7 - 10 days to get me up and running, What's the shotest and longest it has taken for you to get connected from the initial sign up.
>
>
>
>
>
>
> 9 days.plus it took an hour before I had it running{i'm useles},another day to find out to set my MTU to 1458.
:bandit:
> Julian

N/A

>Thanks for the replies if it doesn't work out at least i chose the monthly contract.

I shall report back to let you know how it goes so if any else whos thinking to upgrade will get some idea what it's like.

I don't think that my problem will be with equipment my end, Since i have been building PC systems and setting up large WAN Networks for years.

So hopefully i maybe able to help some of you with your problems.
>

> Thanks

Julian
>

N/A

> Hmm, that one is a shocker. I'm sorry to hear it. Well, I too found out about the kit being processed after line activation. The info I was getting from pn was indicating that it would be at least a calendar week before the kit was delivered. You can imagine I was a bit mad about that; but in fact it arrived much earlier than expected. We could compare this with dslsource. They let you buy before activation and, is you cant get activated, thet refund. It seems to be a more customer focussed approach.

Yup I agree, tbh I wouldnt have minded so much if I had known what was going on from the word go but so many times to be told one thing only to be let down was awful. I even offered to pay the extra cost of shipping if it was earlier, or for next day delivery, or for the cost of returning the hardware but it was like banging my head against a brick wall.
It made me realise that to gauge how good any company is you need to find someone who has had a problem and find out how efficiently it was sorted out, rather than take note of ppl saying they have had no problems.

N/A

Since joining Plusnet 3 weeks ago I've been down about 50-odd hours in total.

I am presently working off 0845 access as I have been without ADSL for the last 48 hours...

espresso_mick
Grafter

Took 10 days for me to get connected, after sign up.

No problems at all. Up and running within 5 minutes of knowing that my line was activated.

Been with them for over 6 months. Never had any problems at all. Never needed to contact support.

Only downtime I've ever had was when they were upgrading the system!

Consistently high download and upload speed.

I know I'm glad I chose PlusNet.
N/A

Ditto.

Running on Day 10. Never had a single problem.

Recommend highly.

MK
N/A

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Julian

Signed up on the 23rd December, Up and running on the 6th Jan although router starter pack contained no splitters for which I have a ticket open.

Speed is good, too early to comment on service level etc.

Darren

N/A

Took me almost 4 weeks, my pci modem, which plusnet sent me, had compatibility problems with my system. plusnet took over a week of tests on my line etc, and still didnt work it out. I got my own modem in the end and have been fine ever since.

If only plusnet know of compatibilty problems, it would have helped me out a bit sooner.