cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Can't Get Onto Websites

N/A

Hello

My broadband was activated yesterday, I've set up the router correctly, but I'm having trouble getting onto a lot of websites, such as Yahoo and Hotmail. In fact, I've only been able to get onto one website. Please can you tell me what's wrong

Also, on "View my usage" on this website, what's the difference between Free Usage and Paid-For UsageHuh
5 REPLIES
chrisc
Grafter

Which website have you been able to access? This may be due to the MTU Settings in your router but it is strange you can only get one site.

It may also be an issue with your firewall or anti-virus software too.

With regards to the usage - any usage between Midnight and 8AM is classed as free. This is not counted towards your monthly limit.
N/A

Well, I can probably acess other sites, its just I only go on a few at the moment, and only one of those was working!
chrisc
Grafter

It could also be your DNS settings. Do you have DNS automatically assigned in your router?

What is the one site you can get too? Do you a receive the same error message when trying any other sites?
N/A

Ok...I'm no computer whizz, so therefore have no idea what DNS is or anything. I just get "problem loading the page" the only site I can get onto is www.babynameaddicts.com
chrisc
Grafter

I asked one of my colleagues to give you a call but it seems that you were unavailable.

He has replied to the ticket that you raised with more information for you. If the problem still persists reply to the ticket and our support team will investigate further for you.