cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set up server?

N/A

How to set up server?

I have win xp pro...and netgear DG834G...

I have all my music files in a different partition. I want users from the outside world to be able to download the file...how can i do this so that my systems is secure and wnt get hacked and how do i set this up? do i need any softwares?
7 REPLIES
N/A

How to set up server?

I have always used http://apache2triad.net/ it installs Apache, Mysql, Php etc all at onces and does most of the configuration. Be prepared to read a bit as its not super-user-friendly.

Then you just stick the files you want people to download into the htdocs folder. Send them to your IP address/download.zip for them to download.

Making it totally secure is not something I really know about as I only ever used apache for testing and dont use it anymore.
N/A

How to set up server?

cheers ill have a look...i know how to do this on server operating systems but never ken it was possible on client o/s like xp pro so saved me building a server if i can do it through xp pro
N/A

How to set up server?

I have never had an issue with it with XP so I think you should be fine Wink

Goodluck
N/A

How to set up server?

thanks ill give it a try today and test it when i go work on monday and post up wether ive passed or failed Tongue
N/A

How to set up server?

im stuck already lol

i know my password as i used that at start...but i duo wot username to use ive tried Admin, localhost but just cant sign in and configure
N/A

How to set up server?

Try "root" hehe
holdtight
Grafter

How to set up server?

There is also an all in one solution depending on what you want to do with your server

Called xammp it contains the following apps all in one package

(Apache, MySQL, PHP + PEAR, Perl, mod_php, mod_perl, mod_ssl, OpenSSL, phpMyAdmin, Webalizer, Mercury Mail Transport System for Win32 and NetWare Systems v3.32, JpGraph, FileZilla FTP Server, mcrypt, eAccelerator, SQLite, and WEB-DAV + mod_auth_mysql)

I use it myself and can highly recommend it as its all you need and doesnt take up huge amounts of space but like i say it depends on your server usage, download and documentation etc Link